IGNORED

84 Venture

Guest Rev'n Ahead

Guest Rev'n Ahead

thinking about going over to the darkside... so, after looking at the links here, looking at the database and charts, I still do NOT know which CT might fit on my ride.

I was just out in the garage, with a light, and the only "size" I see stamped on my Dunlop Elite is MU90 16 78H... Help! I get it's a 16" rim but what do them other numbers and letters mean and what CT can I put on her???:fingers-crossed-emo

THANKS VR.org I already know that you are going to be coming through with the answer.

Cheers, :cool10:

Mark J Haug

Guest Rev'n Ahead

Is this a challenge??? Can I be the first??? really??? :stirthepot:

it is a 16" rim... I'll talk to my tire supplier and see what the narrowest 16" tire is.

THANKS for the challenge... :cool10:

Cheers

Mark

• 7 months later...

I have been running a spare donut tire for a year now. I know all about the warnings but I always was a rebel of sorts. I got one on ebay for $28.00 new and put it on the rear with no problems. I run 45 lbs in it and I have had it on for about 5000 miles now with not much visible wear. The tire says not to run it over 50 miles per hour but I have been to 90 without any problems. With the weight difference between the car and a bike I figure that it's safe. If you don't agree then don't use it. :080402gudl_prv:

• 7 months later...

I got a 150 80 16 Off a harley onmine, 5 ply stead of 4, had to wiggle it in, even says harley on it..bike was wreccked,,,,ive run the donut,at all 4I corners on a junk car,for. Months in interstate traffic,plymouth horizon,,,good idae, my next,,i live on top of a mountain an my drive circles it to the top. Really want more tread, when you mounted the donut spare do you think there is enough to. Take an iron an cut treads like they do for racing, dirt?????

Edited by Big Lou

• 10 months later...

I have been looking at going to the dark side with my 84 also.

I have found on TireRack that there is a Bridgestone Tracompa-2 145/80-16 that has a load index and speed rating of 105/M "2039 Lb / 81 Mph" and it's not cheap $159

My tire was a 140/90-16 with a 25.92" in diameter and 5.51 inches wide.

the Tracompa 145/80-16 is 25.13" in diameter and 5.70 inches wide.

After reading about another member running these Temporary/Compact Spare Tires I just may go to the junk yard and look for one, after all there new and in good shape most of the time.

Just got back in from the bike shed and I measured the old tire that is on it now and came up with 5.88" wide and was almost touching the A-frame. the Tracompa 145/80-16 tire may or may not fit. "Leaning towards not fitting"

A 135/90-16 will fit like the Bridgestone Tracompa-2 $152 or Continental CST 17 $99.

they both have the same ratings of 1874 Lb / 81 Mph with a 25.56" diameter and 5.31 inches wide.