IGNORED

87 yamaha venture extention help please

Hello my name is Ginny my old man is Mike the prob we have is that mike is 6'6" tall and has issues with the foward control and the boards. is there a way or any ideas as to how to move them forward about 3 to 5 inches? We just got the bick this month and this weekend he goes to take that safty class stuff so we can be apart of the American Leigon Riders. Plus just some us time togather with no Grandbabies since they all live with us. Anyways i am rattlin on sorry about that.. Any ideas or help we be sooo awesome..

Thank you

Ginny

There is a certain amount of adjustment available with the controls. I requires loosening a bolt then sliding the whole assembly forward or back. It will require that the linkage is also adjusted. The handlebars are also adjustable! You eed to consult your owner's manual. Don't have one? I think there may be a copy here on the site somewhere.

Any other adjustment beyond what is allowed is strictly up to your McGuiveer'ing instinct...

My beast had floor boards when I first got it. I quickly hated them because they cramped my ankles in an uncomfortable position. My fix was to remove the floorboards and install the original driver foot pegs. Now I can hang my heels on the pegs and straighten my ankles every so often . . .

:080402gudl_prv:

If they can make fwd controls for a Virago... I believe you can make up something for most any bike. If Mike isn't the fabricator type, I'm sure there's a good ol boy near ya that can figure out something to fix Y'all up... :080402gudl_prv:

I rode a Wing with boards and heel-toe shifter .... very cramped. I'd think the 1st gen Venture is about the same.

Ever think about getting a 2nd gen? ... MUCH BETTER scoot :witch_brew: and they're designed to have boards which are comfortable :thumbsup2:

Not sure if this will help but the bike in this craigs list add looks like it has forward controls. Its an 1988 venture here near Houston texas.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2839616779.html

I'm not sure that what you were saying that you needed forward controls or that you had them and with the floorboards they were a problem. THis one looks like it uses the original pags and forward controls without floorboards.

Good luck

I'm a little over 6'6" and the best thing you can do is get rid of the floorboards and the heel toe shifter, install highway pegs to stretch the legs out, and adjust the shift peg lower so you don't need to raise your foot off the peg when shifting. Adjust the brake to where it feels confortable and you're good to go....