IGNORED

In memory of request...a photo with a name...

Ladyrider

Would it be alright to ask that if you post a thread here in this area, can you add a picture of the person you are posting about? It just means a lot to see a picture of the person who has gone. It seems more real to me and more of a tribute. Just an idea.

Would it be alright to ask that if you post a thread here in this area, can you add a picture of the person you are posting about? It just means a lot to see a picture of the person who has gone. It seems more real to me and more of a tribute. Just an idea.

in MY view....i dont think a picture makes any difference if i dont know the person......:2cents:

i personally think we should stay away fom these sad news, which everyone experiences every now and then...so why have these sad and depressing news? i think the grieving is for the people that are directly connected with someone who has passed away, and not for the general population. death is a fact of life, and we should take it in stride. on the other hand, if a member feels he needs to hear consoling words from his or her friends here, hey, i have no problems with that. now give me a head start before you guys start chucking spears at me....:moped:

in MY view....i dont think a picture makes any difference if i dont know the person......:2cents:

i personally think we should stay away fom these sad news, which everyone experiences every now and then...so why have these sad and depressing news? i think the grieving is for the people that are directly connected with someone who has passed away, and not for the general population. death is a fact of life, and we should take it in stride. on the other hand, if a member feels he needs to hear consoling words from his or her friends here, hey, i have no problems with that. now give me a head start before you guys start chucking spears at me....:moped:

Though it may be just sad news to you I feel it is important to remember those that go on before us and the lessons that they taught us. it is true that many try to forget others strive to remember and the time heals and time fades so a picture helps keep the memory strong as the mind fades. If you dont want to see sad news just skip the tread and leave it for those who want to. That is the easy answer. I think that is why there is a seperate catagory.

Abdul,

We are each unique and wonderfully made. Grief is a very personal thing. Yet (imho) this American culture does not have the family support many other cultures do. I like to see a face with a memorial. It means more to me. I am a people person, so there really aren't any strangers to me. Just someone along the road of life I have not had the joy of knowing. For each of us has great potential to pass out happiness and joy. To acknowledge someone's loss and grief is important (but maybe not if your a private person). Its helping someone with their burden. So, I respectfully disagree with you. If this group is really a family, we lift up those who are open about their grief and we leave alone those who are private about it. But, I go with what the majority decides.

I, for one, am here to help anyone in anyway I can. With any medical issues I have knowledge of or just to listen to someone talk about their loved one who has passed. I know there are others who feel like I do. Who want to help others in any way they can. So to each his own. You have your own special gifts, too. I appreciate your view on this, it helps me see it from a different light.

thank you tartan terror and ladyrider for your response to my posting.you both made very good points without insulting me in any way and i really appreciate that. i dont intend to change anybody's views about the subject....was just expressing how I feel about it. and tartan terror is right..i dont have to go there if i dont want to.

(EDITED)

i just realised there is a thread for "in memory of.." and some postings there. beleive me, i wasnt aware of that. if i knew that, i wouldnt have expressed my views....cause it would have made me sound insensitive to peoples feelings about their loved ones. i dearly apologise to people who have postings there. please forgive me. i am not an insensitive person as i sound. i actually tend to cry at every funeral i attend. I AM SORRY.

Guest BluesLover
i actually tend to cry at every funeral i attend.

Hey Abdul, no offense taken (at least not here). Don't be so hard on yerself good buddy!

And, as for crying ... how about crying at weddings, silver and golden anniversaries, baptisms ... and sometimes, reminiscing about good times with good friends and family ...

Cheers,

thank you tartan terror and ladyrider for your response to my posting.you both made very good points without insulting me in any way and i really appreciate that. i dont intend to change anybody's views about the subject....was just expressing how I feel about it. and tartan terror is right..i dont have to go there if i dont want to.

(EDITED)

i just realised there is a thread for "in memory of.." and some postings there. beleive me, i wasnt aware of that. if i knew that, i wouldnt have expressed my views....cause it would have made me sound insensitive to peoples feelings about their loved ones. i dearly apologise to people who have postings there. please forgive me. i am not an insensitive person as i sound. i actually tend to cry at every funeral i attend. I AM SORRY.

I have one over on you...I cry over the news...