IGNORED

Stator Wire Soldering Point ????

Hey gang, the one's that have already installed the Buckeye HO Stator,. what did you do as far as where you clipped the connector and did you do all the soldering in that tight spot? Or is there a way to re-route it so there is more room to work on the splice?:think:

I also now have about 60 pics of my taking apart the stator and also removing the rectifer/regulator as I will be adding the new up-dated after market one that I will be getting from SkyDoc.

If you guys are interested I will do the write-up with LOTS of pics.

I think the hardest part of this whole project so far is getting the stator bolts loose and removeing the gasket material. :D

As I have seen in a photo from the other site it looks as though the soldering is done up high , but I can not figure out how to get this wire/plug up there a bit.

[ATTACH]64092[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64093[/ATTACH]

So this part is done, all I need now is my new parts !!:happy65:

I know that the general and best recommendation for this connection is soldering it. But if you need to take this out sometime in future, the wires are then that much shorter to solder next time. Its the old connections that get fatigued with age that seem to be a problem.

That being said, I like to retain this plug feature for the simple reason I am in this bike tweaking it constantly.

I have in the classifieds a new connection that is a direct replacement for the stator to wiring harness.

Not making a fortune on these, its just something I came across that might be wanted by a few. $12.00 including shipping.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3752&title=1st-gen-stator-connector-replacement&cat=33

Gary

Hey gang, the one's that have already installed the Buckeye HO Stator,. what did you do as far as where you clipped the connector and did you do all the soldering in that tight spot? Or is there a way to re-route it so there is more room to work on the splice?:think:

I also now have about 60 pics of my taking apart the stator and also removing the rectifer/regulator as I will be adding the new up-dated after market one that I will be getting from SkyDoc.

If you guys are interested I will do the write-up with LOTS of pics.

I think the hardest part of this whole project so far is getting the stator bolts loose and removeing the gasket material. :D

As I have seen in a photo from the other site it looks as though the soldering is done up high , but I can not figure out how to get this wire/plug up there a bit.

[ATTACH]64092[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64093[/ATTACH]

So this part is done, all I need now is my new parts !!:happy65:

Cougar, sent you a PM.

Well with a little help from Ruffy today on the phone I came up with this..

FOUND IT *LOL* I will also be puttting these in the write up as well.

These photos are nothing like what I see in the Other How to at all.

Not sure what he had under his battery box. but I dont have one.

But you do have to remove the battery and battey box.

to get the OEM Stator Wire to come up High.. Pleanty of

room for Soldering now.:happy65:

I also understand that Rick as added about 15 inches more to the HO Stator wires

[ATTACH]64168[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64169[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64170[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64171[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64172[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64173[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64174[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

Finely got the Stator today and went to work. Rick has just enough EXTRA wire length on there to solder everything in place in the battery area and then tuck it away, I now have it all soldered and the covers back in place, all that is left is the muffler and the battery area and the side covers etc. Added the new R/R so we will see how that does along with the new HO Stator. not sure how the bike ran with those above pictures of the Old Stator plugs how darn dirty they had gotten.

Anyways I have tons of photos for somebody LOL

Can't wait to get the bike fired up.

Jeff

djh3, to answer your question. sorry I didn't notice your post before.... but with the newer HO Stator it is pumping put more juice and that plug can/could fry.. not worth the hassle and worry over it. I just soldered mine today and it was very easy. and also the old pugs were filthy dirty and wonder if that why I might have had some output issue's in the passed.

Rick also recommends the wires to be soldered as well.

I will post the overall about it when I get this finished someday this week.

Jeff