IGNORED

My old ship...

Monty

Now you know why I want to go back to Huntsville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

The position I applied and interviewd for this past Monday, is to be a QE on the build of the PAC3

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pac3+missile&qpvt=pac3+missile&FORM=IGRE

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama -- The Patriot Advanced Capability-3 missile (PAC3) is so popular with troops and allies that there is a large backorder and growing each day.

Boeing (Huntsville), provides PAC-3 prime contractor Lockheed Martin with the seeker that targets incoming missiles or aircraft and guides it to "hit-to-kill" destruction.

About 150 people are building the sophisticated seekers at Boeing's Jetplex plant

PAC-3 is thriving and growing," because of the confidence soldiers have in the system.

Everyone's looking over their shoulder, living next to people that have threats and have demonstrated their willingness to test and use them," Its not a safe place out there."

There are many opportunities for more sales of the PAC-3, the latest generation interceptor missile.

According to Boeing, the PAC-3 is deployed with Army and National Guard units both overseas and stateside, and has been purchased by Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, the United Arab Emirates and Taiwan.

The cost varies with quantities purchased and other factors but, roughly, a PAC-3 missile goes for just under $3 million, about a third of that is in the seeker.

Now, I have one question Eck, After you build these will you be attending some exercises using live warheads ?:whistling::rotf: When I first got out of the USAF I was working as a test tech at the TI plant in Dallas. We built the Tomawawk, Harpoon,and Harm seekers. We always told the new guys they had to go to one and would be pretty close to the explosions..:rotf:

Now, I have one question Eck, After you build these will you be attending some exercises using live warheads ?:whistling::rotf: When I first got out of the USAF I was working as a test tech at the TI plant in Dallas. We built the Tomawawk, Harpoon,and Harm seekers. We always told the new guys they had to go to one and would be pretty close to the explosions..:rotf:

If I do have to attend a live exercize...I'll ask if we can test it real close to YOUR HOUSE, so you dont miss out on the fun.....:rasberry:

Buddy, that's what I did in the Navy. I was a Tomahawk and Harpoon tech.

I didn't know T.I. had anything to do with it. I know G.E., Rolm, Raytheon, McDonnell Douglas, and General Dynamics had a hand in it. I guess everyobody had a piece of that pie.:whistling: