IGNORED

5 pin Headset for RSV Audio System

dshege

I'm looking for a comfortable helmet insert so I can utilize the RSV's intercom, radio & CB. I have a full-face Hawk helmet, my wife wears a half helmet. Thoughts?

First Venture ever owned. 2001 Royal Star Venture, purchased on 30 January 2012.

-Dave

I'm looking for a comfortable helmet insert so I can utilize the RSV's intercom, radio & CB. I have a full-face Hawk helmet, my wife wears a half helmet. Thoughts?

First Venture ever owned. 2001 Royal Star Venture, purchased on 30 January 2012.

-Dave

I'm happy with these folks in Murray, Ky. http://www.twowheelsound.com/

Got my J&M sets from them.

I use my 1/2 helmet about 90% of the time, unless it's really bitter cold outside, and have been using this half helmet slide in ear flap rig for the last 2 years and really love it. I tried the over-the-ears thing which is about half the cost, but it's junk and will hurt your ears in no time, so I bit the bullet and got this one. Totally worth the price. The ear flaps are comfortable and actually will help keep your ears warm in the cold weather. You have to buy the 5-pin lower cord for your RSV separately.

http://wingstuff.com/products/3145-slide-in-shorty-half-helmet-headset?context=gold_wing

You should check out their full helmet insert headsets as well. I have one in my modular full face, but the mic get in the way of the full face part when it's down and locked in. It still works well, but it's a very tight fit. Fortunately, I don't use this helmet very often, and when I do, I'm usually not talking to anyone anyway, so I just bend the mic boom down and out of the way and listen to my music.

Depends on what you want to do. Listen to music requires a better set and there is a few brands you can choose. If it is just to talk and listen through the bikes system then the cheap J&M is best money for your buck.

Goldwing uses the same 5 pin connector however J&M have different part numbers for honda nad Yamaha which are almost the same thing but have the same 5 pins and work.

PS Welcome and congrats on the new purchase.

Brad

DS, I am new to these bikes also. WE just got ours about a month ago. After reading several posts here and a few Wing posts etc I felt best bang for my buck was going to be the J&M set up. I got them from the wing place mentioned in a previous post, but I got mine off e-bay. I think I got $170 in 2 pair. WE both wear 3/4 helmets. Well actually I wear a 1/2 alot but I put the comm stuff in my 3/4 Bell Mag8. Not to bad of sound, but not concert hall either. The J&M part number is hs 8154. Do a search on it and see what shows up. The half helmet stuff was more when I was looking. Guess they figure more of the american iron folks use that and they can afford it. I dunno :confused24:

Edited by djh3

. The J&M part number is hs 8154. Do a search on it and see what shows up. The half helmet stuff was more when I was looking. Guess they figure more of the american iron folks use that and they can afford it. I dunno :confused24:

The mic needs to be longer when using a half helmut and I do not believe these are made in the 8154 series. The next step up is model 279, more money and better sound. ONe more up but doubt they are that much better for the price.

Brad