IGNORED

Will a V-Max carb give my venture more power?

Im going to have the carb off my bike maybe tomorrow, so i was wondering if instead of rebuilding it and not being able to ride it for a few days, if i could buy a vmax carb. Would it be possible to give it more power this way? Or will it just flood out the engine?

There is lots of info on this site about the Venture carbs. The Vmax carbs are the same as the Venture with different jets. The Vmax magic is the 'V-boost' intake manifold that acts like secondaries on a 4-barrel.

:256:

So the intake manifold wont fit on the venture?

Charlie,

If you find a decent set of VMax carbs you want to get, my suggestion would be get them. The carbs will swap out with the Ventures with a slight modification to the choke lever setup.

Then swap out the main jets in your existing carbs with the ones in the VMax carbs. This is easy to do with the rack off the bike. If you don't swap out the mains, the bike will run very rich. The bigger mains are part of a broader package which involves cams, heads, air intake, Vboost system & exhaust system. Bigger is not always better.

Then you will have a set of carbs that will give you some more power, not all it can get, but enough.

Gary

Charlie,

If you find a decent set of VMax carbs you want to get, my suggestion would be get them. The carbs will swap out with the Ventures with a slight modification to the choke lever setup.

Then swap out the main jets in your existing carbs with the ones in the VMax carbs. This is easy to do with the rack off the bike. If you don't swap out the mains, the bike will run very rich. The bigger mains are part of a broader package which involves cams, heads, air intake, Vboost system & exhaust system. Bigger is not always better.

Then you will have a set of carbs that will give you some more power, not all it can get, but enough.

Gary

That is my ultimate plan with my venture with 68K but i also want a stock one that is a generally good bike, just for touring, the other one will be my hot rod. Ill see what i can i can dig up for V-Max carbs

Thank you!!! I really appreciate all the help!