IGNORED

Changing RSTD Cooant

Primebeef

Getting ready to change coolant and I'm using the "method one" write up by V7Goose......what I can't find anywhere is the torque specifications for the "fake cylinder fins" bolts. They are called "cyclinder side covers" in the manual. Does anyone have that info???

Getting ready to change coolant and I'm using the "method one" write up by V7Goose......what I can't find anywhere is the torque specifications for the "fake cylinder fins" bolts. They are called "cyclinder side covers" in the manual. Does anyone have that info???

Hi there Bruce.

There is actually no special torque spec. for these bolts that I can see in the workshop manual. What I do is I put a drop of "Medium Strength Thread Lock" on the bolts before installing them and then I just tighten them firmly one handed with a small rachet, (without using excessive force) just so the fins are sitting firmly in place. Never had a fin bolt go loose by using this method.

Like M61A1Mech said then the standard torque table is for the bolts that are not specified in the manual. Would guess that these bolts were 6mm and the torque should be 4.3 ft/lb. I never use the table for fastening acessories - just common sense and a little bit of thread lock. Has served me well.

Good luck:thumbsup2:

Friendly regards,

Jonas

Edited by StarFan