IGNORED

Leveling Links

uechi kid

I just received the Diamond R leveling links the other day. Since I have the bike on the lift I thought I'd take a look and see what that job would entail. I held the new links up to the OEM ones and they appear to be the same length. How do they work if they are the same length.

There is very little difference. You will see it when you remove the stock links and lay them on the new ones. The new ones will only be about 1/4" shorter than the stock links. When I say 1/4" shorter, I'm talking about center to center between the holes.

There is very little difference. You will see it when you remove the stock links and lay them on the new ones. The new ones will only be about 1/4" shorter than the stock links. When I say 1/4" shorter, I'm talking about center to center between the holes.

The links raise the rear up right? Shouldn't that be 1/4 longer ?:think: Back into my corner now...............:fnd_(16):

No, you have to look at how it is configured. 1/4" shorter actually raises the rear of the bike. Not just 1/4" though. The 1/4" shorter links raise the rear of the bike almost an inch.

I have the leveling links on mine. It does raise the bike about an inch and makes a big difference in handling...(I think so anyway). I just didn't do the install....Thanks for setting me straight.....:buttkick: