IGNORED

99 RSV for $8000.00

steamer

I was surfing craigslist and came acrossed a 99RSV listed here in central NY for $8000.00. I couldn't help myself, I replyed to the add and told him he should check ebay and other listing and he will see that 99's are selling for under $6000.00. Most are selling around $5000.00. I know I should have mined my own business. But really, $8000.00!:shock3:

I took a look at that bike. HE said he would take $6,000 for it but changed his mind and said he wanted to keep it. It was a 2 hour ride to and 2 hr back to here him say that.

I know where clark summit is. We drive through there all the time when we travel to NJ. Are you looking for a new bike? I have a loaded 99 RSV I,m thinking about selling. We picked up a 99 RSV trike last year. I'm thinking I probably will not use the 2 wheeler for more then back and forth to work. It should go to someone that will ride the heck out of it. If your interested let me know, I'm NOT asking $8000.00. Can't believe he pulled the deal after you rode all that way.

I'm not saying the guy is off in LaLa land, but unless the thing has a lot of extras or under 5,000 original miles??? :whistling: On the other hand, after adding up all the extras at OEM Venture Line prices, I found I had another 5 grand worth of bling hanging off my '99.....and if I punch in all the speed mods I can get it up to 65 hundred... and that's not counting the value of the bike... I know I'd never be able to get anywhere near what's in it, but it's fun dreaming and taking inventory.... :) Kinda like a hunter dreaming about the size of that big rack on his last buck. :stirthepot:

The bike was stock except for the lights and had 32,000 miles. I was looking but just got a sweet deal on a 06 with the same miles. Found it on ebay and my friend was able to look it over for me. It should be here in a week.

Maybe the owner loves his 99 so much, he put the high price on it so it would not sell. I think he is getting his wish.

Although, I love our 99 so much I would probably ask the same amount to cover all the hours of enjoyment our bike has given us, not to mention the dependability and comfort our 99 has shown us over the years.

Yep that is the reason, he really does not want to get rid of it.

Yama Mama:beer:

Yama Mama hit it right on the noise. I did get an reply back from the owner. He said he was asking $8000.00 to keep away the tire kickers and he was really looking for $6000.00 but when he was offered $6000.00 he backed out of the deal and is now going to keep it.:think: