IGNORED

A New 1st gen Venture

Flyinfool

Thr specs are amazing for a kit plane.I wonder if that falls under light aircraft or sport. I think you can aqquire an endorsement with as lil as20 hrs flight time for sport pilot.

Faster and much more range than any sport VFR aircraft I've seen.

Hey flying fool all you need is 4 more crazies like us and you can get in for as little as 25k.Provided one of the crazies is good with his hands

"

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainjoe viewpost.gif

"Top Speed: 3330 MPH"

Fraid you'd fly the wings off of the ole girl long before you hit that speed...LOL

The 2nd Generation one only fly's at a top speed of 150mph... or so I'm told....:confused24: "

Mine only goes up to 120... :confused24:

I must have gotten ripped off... LOL

This plane would have at least $125K to build, and they claim 4000 hours to build. Estimated build times are for an experienced builder with all of the right tools.

I have been considering building a plane for many years now, Just never was able to get the available time and the available money to line up.

I have a full machine shop in my basement, I have no doubts on my ability to build it.

I have thought of getting into a co-op on a plane but have read too many horror stories about when it comes time for expensive maintenance.

I know of a nice little 4 seat plane that is for sale locally for a good price, the owner lost his medical and has been shelling out $200 / month for the hanger it is in. He has been storing it for 4 years now, just wants to get rid of it to stop the hanger fees.

I really only posted this because it is a Venture. It is out of my price league. I really prefer high wing airplanes. More like the Kitfox.

This airplane was designed by the same guy that designed the Piper Malibu (PA46-310P) that I fly. His name was Jim Griswald. He is long gone, but the plane you are looking at has been called the mini malibu. This has the same wing, body and tail configuration (abit smaller)and engine as the Malibu. He wanted something faster and more nimble. My plane is a six passanger with the same engine. They are little rockets. I have only seen two and that was at Oshkosh last year.

If you want to go flying some time give me a call. The plane is at East Troy.

Edited by Malibu Gregg

One of the things I always wanted in my life was to learn to fly. I had an uncle that had a plane for a while and spent four years in the Air Force. I also worked for a company for 15 years as the Corporate Quality Manager, where I spent a lot of time in the company Piper Cheyenne with most of the time in the co-pilot seat. I have flown both my uncle's plane and the company plane from the co-pilot seat for long distances once airborne and before landing, but I just never had the fun money available to pursue my license. I always loved being around airplanes.

I would have loved to have something like this.

RandyA

I have been considering building a plane for many years now, Just never was able to get the available time and the available money to line up.

I have a full machine shop in my basement, I have no doubts on my ability to build it.

Flyinfool, If you decide to build one don't do like my High school science teacher in the late "70"s did. Built his plane in the basement, then realized he hadn't thought about getting it out. :shock3: He decided to knock the end wall out of his basement to get it out. I don't know how he was smart enough to be a science teacher or a pilot either.

C.R.

Unless I win the lottery, building my own plane will most likely just remain a dream.

But I still might just buy an older plane if the right deal should happen along at the right time.

Gregg, I might just have to take you up on that offer one of these days.:missingtooth:

Flyinfool, If you decide to build one don't do like my High school science teacher in the late "70"s did. Built his plane in the basement, then realized he hadn't thought about getting it out. :shock3: He decided to knock the end wall out of his basement to get it out. I don't know how he was smart enough to be a science teacher or a pilot either.

C.R.

Who said pilots were smart? I was siting down outside thr airport going over some stall recovery drills.Watching all the landing and take offs.

Here comes an older piper entering the wrong leg ,he notices and makes an aggressive turn to enter the pattern correctly. Uncontrolled airspace no radio which was legal but ticked us off.

He comes in high and fast ,crabs to bleed off speed and altitude and slams onto the runway . The crosswind takes him into the dirt field.He runs into the bathroom , blows it up and runs back to his plane anf off he goes. Slinging mud all over the runway.

i tried that flying from the roof of the barn when I was a kid with a homemade wing. I never did quite figgure out if I was lucky or unlucky that the manure pile was there...:think:

By the time the evening was over and Mom got done with THAT KID OF YOURS speech I decided to wait til I got my 1st Gen to fly!!!

i tried that flying from the roof of the barn when I was a kid with a homemade wing. I never did quite figgure out if I was lucky or unlucky that the manure pile was there...:think:

By the time the evening was over and Mom got done with THAT KID OF YOURS speech I decided to wait til I got my 1st Gen to fly!!!

Well, that explains a few things...

:stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

flyinfool"Unless I win the lottery, building my own plane will most likely just remain a dream.

But I still might just buy an older plane if the right deal should happen along at the right time."

Is this kit when built an "experimental plane", Vaguely seem to remember about factory built and kit built

http://www.experiencefestival.com/experimental_aircraft_-_faa_definition_of_experimental_aircraft

"In the eyes of the United States Federal Aviation Administration, an Experimental Homebuilt Aircraft is not constructed by a licensed aircraft manufacturer. Instead, at least 51% of the aircraft is constructed by a private individual; the remaining 49% percent can be purchased from a kit manufacturer. In the past, far less than the allowed 49% of the kit was assembled by the manufacturer of the kit"

My 8 th grade math teacher "Mr. Hicks" flew one into the ground first time up... in hospital for 6 months, kind of ended any yearning of mine for kit planes...

Seem to recall a break even number of 200 hrs? per year or so when comparing renting a plane to owning/hangering/maintaining. It's a very expensive hobby.

I'm with you unless I hit the lottery... almost no chance of building or buying one ...

That being said, if I do hit the lottery, there will be a Honda Jet in my hanger!

http://hondajet.honda.com/default.aspx

Edited by CaptainJoe

Well if we are going down the road of hitting the loto.

I would get a refurbished MIG. The Mig can be bought from Russia for $50K, for an additional $250K they will factory restore it to new specs, less armaments and classified systems.

There is a guy in Chicago that has one, he said it took him 12 minutes to fly from Midway to Milwaukee for armed forces day, and it took a half hour in the pattern to land.

This plane would have at least $125K to build, and they claim 4000 hours to build. Estimated build times are for an experienced builder with all of the right tools.

I have thought of getting into a co-op on a plane but have read too many horror stories about when it comes time for expensive maintenance.

I know of a nice little 4 seat plane that is for sale locally for a good price, the owner lost his medical and has been shelling out $200 / month for the hanger it is in. He has been storing it for 4 years now, just wants to get rid of it to stop the hanger fees.

I really only posted this because it is a Venture. It is out of my price league. I really prefer high wing airplanes. More like the Kitfox.

I know of a guy that built an airplane in his basement, only problem he had with it was that he had to tare off the side of his house to get it out..... Oh ya he was an engineer.:rotf:

I know of a guy that built an airplane in his basement, only problem he had with it was that he had to tare off the side of his house to get it out..... Oh ya he was an engineer.:rotf:

I did buy plans for building an ultralight that I could build in the basement and still get out the door without knocking down any walls. I is an engineer too so I checked that all out ahead of time.