IGNORED

Venture rider.org iphone app??

deepforkriver

Ok, after much thought and deliberation, (running up/down stairs 1000 times from mancave/stable to get on computer for tech help will speed up this process) we think it is time for a IPHONE APP for VentureRider.org. :thumbsup2: No small task I'm sure, but I (my knees) would be up for increasing dues to cover cost? Sure would be nice to take the forums on a ride, maybe posting location pins to map, maybe connecting with others while in a certain area, etc. Ideas? Suggestions? I am sure Freebird will enlighten....... please.....:bowdown:

And then again, maybe this has been discussed previous..:confused07:

:fingers-crossed-emo

Maybe I'm not completely sure what you are looking for. Tapatalk is already installed here and you can download the Tapatalk app from the Itunes App Store. I would never consider raising the dues just to cover something that the majority would not use.

OK.. Confused. I know what ITAPAKEG is, but what the h_ _ _ is Tapatalk??? :bang head:

OK.. Confused. I know what ITAPAKEG is, but what the h_ _ _ is Tapatalk??? :bang head:

Hi Russ

Its an app for ipad/iphone/android that allows access to forums like this without loading a bunch of graphics etc allowing use of a lower bandwidth connection. I use it on my android tablet when i need to, but not thrilled with it as I like all the extras i can get with my home connection.

Brian

I've looked at it but haven't spent the $2.99 to down yet. I can view about everything on here with my iphone including using the private messaging without tapatalk. Is there any advantage by having tapatalk, does the chat work, or others advantages that I haven't noticed yet?

I've looked at it but haven't spent the $2.99 to down yet. I can view about everything on here with my iphone including using the private messaging without tapatalk. Is there any advantage by having tapatalk, does the chat work, or others advantages that I haven't noticed yet?

Anyone that has an Android tablet or phone can download ForumRunner or Convo for free from AppBrain or Android Market. They do essentially the same thing as the Tapatalk client, basically stripping all the extras off the postings so all you load is mostly text, saving you a ton of bandwidth. (handy if youre using a phone to connect, but not really necessary if youre using wifi or any broadband connection.

Brian

I had actually forgotten that I had Forumrunner installed. When I first installed it, I had some problems and know that I disabled it for a few days. Apparently I re-enabled it and it is working OK now. I just looked and saw that there was an update available for it. Not sure what it addressed but I just updated it here.

Skid, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think that there is any application that would enable the chat room on the Iphone due to the fact that Apple does not support flash. Our chat room is a flash based application.

Been using Forumrunner for about 3 months. Like it. It's pretty handy when there no computer in sight. I look forward to using it during the riding months when I'm out and about and should be able to post directly with any interesting happenings.:cool10:

Guest tx2sturgis
I use the forumrunner free app on my Iphone... Probably should have told you about this, huh James? Sorry bro... Coulda saved ya the $2.99.

The free Forumrunner app is mainly to test it, look around at the library of listed forums, and read whats been posted. You cant post or upload pics with it.

If you pay the whopping $2.99 for the paid app, then you get to post and upload pics.

Guest tx2sturgis
Thanks for all the information. I just got Amy an Iphone for Christmas and was not sure how to view the site on it. This is great news I will have her download one of the two apps.:dancefool:

If you are a member of a forum that does not have the module installed, some forum administrators are willing to add it, so the Forumrunner app will work. Don added the software more than a year ago I believe, and I use the app on the iPad especially when I'm on a cellular network. It loads the articles fast without bogging down on loading graphics over and over again, which is a good thing when your on a limited data plan.

If you have a favorite thread or forum on the site, you can set the app on your iphone or ipad to easily go right to that location when you launch the app. Handy.

:happy34: