IGNORED

Second Ignitech Aftermarket TCI group buy

Does it matter if you instead plug the left rear carb port and connect the MAP sensor to the left front carb port? :confused24:

BKuhr answered correctly, but to add to his response, you can hook up to any one of the 4 carb intakes.

At one point I had all 4 tied together, which did hep the pulsation seen on the PC when watching output of TCI, but I am not using that setup at this time.

I do still use a very small vacuum 'can' I made out of 1-1/2" PVC and 2 caps. This acts as a buffer and smooths pulses out a lot.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I finally got the bike together last night.:cool10: Rode to work this morning and had the cutout issue. Running at 4k rpm in top gear, steady speed, had the tach drop out twice and had the bike cut out for about a second once. Is putting the updated map in the unit seem to be fixing this issue?

Well, I finally got the bike together last night.:cool10: Rode to work this morning and had the cutout issue. Running at 4k rpm in top gear, steady speed, had the tach drop out twice and had the bike cut out for about a second once. Is putting the updated map in the unit seem to be fixing this issue?

It has seemed to cure mine.

Gary

I do not fore see doing another group buy in light of the issues some of us had with the last round of TCI's

If anyone wants to do it, I will help them with setting it up.

Gary

That would be a shame, although I get it.

If we can find an answer to this issue, these units will help folk for years to come.

The first batch were just fine and although I haven't fixed mine yet, I'm not giving up on it.

I need to find time to re-program it and test.

There is still the option of preventative maintenance by replacing the diodes on the stock TCI, provided it hasn't crapped out yet. I did it a couple of years ago and I haven't had a single problem with it.

Here's the thread with the details on how I did it;

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51767&highlight=diode+repair&page=1