IGNORED

The Waffle House Tour

twigg

It slipped my mind earlier, but there may be some here who are interested in this:

http://www.therally.us/wafflehouse.htm

All the rules are right there on the site.

Really all you need is a bike, a passion for Waffles and an appetite.

The event is all year and can be combined with other Iron Butt type rides for the adventurous.

The Rally Master is a friend of mine, but that is my only connection. I participate in other Rallies he organises, but not this one.

I can't tell my Daughter about this. Took her to her first Waffle House when we rode to the International Rally in Arkansas. Every morning had to go to Waffle House, She loves their waffles and grits. Someday I'll have to learn how to make grits, restaurants up here use instant grits and she will have no part of them. LOL Grits is one of the reasons she wants to move south. OH and don't leave an unguarded plate of cornbread and beans near her either, she had them in Tennessee.

Guest Slab_Ryder

My first Waffle House was 2 years ago in Mobile, Alabama at 2200. All I can say, it was walking into a scene from a Warner Bros Cartoon

My stepfather was a truckdriver. He taught me about the important things in life, like WaffleHouse.

I could eat waffle and sausage for breakfast everyday, except every once in a while get a double hashbrowns all the way.

In my neck of the woods, we have Waffle Houses on every corner and sometimes, across the street from each other. They have the nickname "Awful Waffle".

I've never understood why they are called waffle house. The first time I went to a Waffle House, (years ago) I assumed they'd have all kinds of waffles, (I mean after all, they're called "Waffle House".) Belgian waffles, German waffles, Strawberry Waffles, Blueberry Waffles, Pecan Waffles, Almond, and other specialty waffles. But they only had one waffle on the menu, and it was kinda flat and leathery. Now a days, they do have two or three different waffles on the menu, but they are all still really flat. Not like a Belgian Waffle or even a regular waffle you would cook at home. (the little square waffle holes are just not very deep and some are completely washed out! I've always wondered why they can't buy a decent waffle iron.)

Another Waffle House peculiarity...most of the waitresses are missing one or more front teeth!

Went to Altanta, Ga. one time for races and ate at them for first time. Even found one intersection where there was one on every corner, and they were all busy. I can take or leave them, a quick breakfast place to me, never had supper there.

Yeah for the Awful Waffle! I can either go to Mickey D's and spend $8.00 on a reheated egg, some frozen pressed potatoes, and a piece of mystery meat, or go to the Waffle house. For $4.00 they cook fresh eggs my way, hash browns or grits, toast, and mystery meat plus all the coffee I can drink. The witresses with missing teeth are all part of the ambiance! I like to think of it as breakfast and a show!!

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Guest Slab_Ryder

Mmmmmm, Breakfast Theater! Oh yes, don't forget to mention that at least one of those waitresses suffer from Plumpus Rumpus!

Hello: ROTFl:rotf:Waffle house chains are not common in our area. I stopped at a Waffle house in Kansas a few years ago. The waitress had her back to me when I sat down at the counter. When she turned around to greet me, the first thing that came to my mind was a song that Allan Jackson wrote about a marrying a "Waitress missing her front tooth". I wanted to give Allan a call and tell him where she was.:rotf: