IGNORED

Light Bar template.

Anyone have a left over 2ndGen OEM Venture line LED light bar template and wiring instructiions still laying around. Bought a NOS bar locally but the paper work was long gone. I could probably figure it, out and make a template, but thought I'd try this first....

Depending on how friendly you are with your dealer, they should be able to get it for you. I had some of the chrome filler panels with no instructions or hardware. My dealer was able to produce the instructions as a pdf file (free) and it listed the hardware used by size, but oddly there was no corresponding Yamaha part numbers for the mounting hardware.

If the mounting template is part of the instruction book I'd say you have a good shot. The parts guy at my dealer had to call Yamaha to figure out how and where to access the info for the accessories, but its there in the dealer access online portal and should be available.

RSTDdog

Depending on how friendly you are with your dealer, they should be able to get it for you. I had some of the chrome filler panels with no instructions or hardware. My dealer was able to produce the instructions as a pdf file (free) and it listed the hardware used by size, but oddly there was no corresponding Yamaha part numbers for the mounting hardware.

If the mounting template is part of the instruction book I'd say you have a good shot. The parts guy at my dealer had to call Yamaha to figure out how and where to access the info for the accessories, but its there in the dealer access online portal and should be available.

RSTDdog

I'll give that a try....

Anyone have a left over 2ndGen OEM Venture line LED light bar template and wiring instructiions still laying around. Bought a NOS bar locally but the paper work was long gone. I could probably figure it, out and make a template, but thought I'd try this first....
Even though I didn't have a template since it was done at the dealer, we could have looked at my bike yesterday Jack as far as seeing how the dealer hooked up the wiring. I mean yes you have to take off the seat, but from what I remember, it was a pretty easy hook-up. I think he just went straight to the battery for red, and you know ground, but then I guess he just went straight to the stop light. But some like having both 24/7 power on the tail light which I don't like, I wanted it working just like your family car, strickly a stop light, but good luck in getting it hooked up.

:bang head::whistling:

Even though I didn't have a template since it was done at the dealer, we could have looked at my bike yesterday Jack as far as seeing how the dealer hooked up the wiring. I mean yes you have to take off the seat, but from what I remember, it was a pretty easy hook-up. I think he just went straight to the battery for red, and you know ground, but then I guess he just went straight to the stop light. But some like having both 24/7 power on the tail light which I don't like, I wanted it working just like your family car, strickly a stop light, but good luck in getting it hooked up.

:bang head::whistling:

I already have the trailer lighting hooked up thru an isolater under the seat. I'll probably try wiring it in there.... I assume the orange wire is for the brake light?? I also have an idea for making a template. Stick 1/8" pop rivets in each hole and then using the shanks to punch holes in some heavy paper ... Worth a try anyway... :)