IGNORED

Merry Xmas from Iraq

jblack1036

Merry Christmas Jim and thank you and all your buddies over there for everything you're doing for us. Don't think for a minute any of us has forgotten that it's because of all of you that we are able to celebrate Christmas. Freedom will never be free and to those of you who are paying that price we are eternally grateful. You're constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

Stay safe and I hope I have the chance to meet you some day.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.:clap2:

Hey Jim,

I don't know why you're over there, other than George W said "GO!" (and maybe the fact there is oil there.)

Nonetheless buddy, keep your head down and have the best Christmas you can given your situation.

I'm too old for Iraq, and they didn't want me for Vietnam.

Cheers,

Steve P

Hello Jim!! THanks for dropping a note to us here and a MERRY CHRISTMAS from Michigan to all you folks fighting for our freedom!! First,, here is short poem that I wrote for all you guys and girls over there.. Not the best but totally from my heart to yours!!

Although I love my friends on here,

my heart goes out to those not near.

Across the sea our soldiers fight,

so we can sleep in peace at night.

They are protecting our way of life,

so we can live in little strife.

We take our freedom for granted a lot,

and they are over there giving all they've got.

I don't forget my brothers abroad,

I am proud to cry this fact out load.

Lord keep them safe throughout the year,

and bring them all home to families dear.

And Santa if your listening,

out trying to get Rudolfs nose glistening.

When you fly over those hills of sand,

drop all my gifts on that foreign land!!!

And now a short but true story.. Traveling to Sturgis this past year my riding bud and I stopped for dinner at a resturant in Murdo SD - riding over 16 hours that day brought us there at 9:58 pm and they were closing at 10. The waitress didnt want to serve us but I talked her into it.. 5 minutes later a guy walked by with a shirt on that said "HD - I got mine in Iraq"... He sat down behind my buddie and I told my friend there was no way he would get served.. He didnt.. As he walked past out table I inquired about his shirt.. He started telling us that he had just gotten home from 19 months in Iraq. He had ordered his new Harley while overseas and his family and towns people (he was from Pennsylvania) had met him at his base drop off and convoyed home to a hero's welcome.. His mom asked what he wanted to do shortly after a TV editorial was filmed about his homecoming.. He said I am gonna climb on my bike and get some lone time..

About this time the waitress came with my dinner... I told her to give it to him and I would pay for it.. He looked at me and said I cant eat your dinner bro.. I said I would throw it out before I would eat in front of my brother who had just gotten home from war fighting for my country.. He finally settled into eating and I enjoyed his conversation IMMENSLY!! I then invited him to ride with us,, told him my riding partner had only a few hours on his bike and that I was a bit crazy old school type that still practiced real biking habits like sleeping under the stars in the desert.. He laughed and said "SOUNDS LIKE A RIOT"!! That night we slept in an old Ghost town out in the prairie that I knew of - it was about 2 am before we pulled in.. We rode MANY miles of pavement - did Sturgis together, did Sturgeon Canyon and then went two-tracks all the way up into Wyoming to Devils Tower!! MILES of two-tracks and back sand roads and him fully loaded on his brand new Harley Heritage, my buddy on his Yam Virago and me on my fully packed 1st Gen!! We had a BLAST!!

I recently recieved an email from him that told how much he relished our friendship - that he would never forget me and that I was considered one of his best friends in life.. Dont get much better then that... I tell you all this to let you and all of your buddies over there in that Hell know that YOU are loved and prayed for on a regular basis and that you all really are missed!!! PLEASE, NEVER let a day go by without remembering that!! Also know that the story I just told could be and would be anyone of you guys (and girls)..

Gonna give you a pic of the three of us out in Indian country.. Please view it as if its you and know that YOU are appreciated!!

THANKS for everything and Merry Christmas!!!

Cowpuc

Hey Jim,

I don't know why you're over there, other than George W said "GO!" (and maybe the fact there is oil there.)

Nonetheless buddy, keep your head down and have the best Christmas you can given your situation.

Cheers,

Steve P

Jim,,,Not exactly sure if this fellow slept thru 9-11 but I didnt.. Have a daughter that lives in Manhatten (up on 69th so she was a few blocks away when we were declared war on).. Regardless of what the media is telling people over here - there are LOTS of us who know you guys are making a huge difference in bringing Democracy to that God aweful situation and keeping another 9-11 away from our shores!!!!!!!!

THANKS again!!

'Puc

Hey Jim,

Cheers,

Steve P

Oh wait,,now I see,, he is from down under - the ones still being ruled by the UK.. He isnt even from the USA,, you know,, the place where our forefathers kicked that bunch the heck out of here..... Its the Land Of Oz routine,, you know,, like on Dorthey and Totto,, pay no attention to the guy behind the curtain bro!!!!

Oh wait,,now I see,, he is from down under - the ones still being ruled by the UK.. He isnt even from the USA,, you know,, the place where our forefathers kicked that bunch the heck out of here..... Its the Land Of Oz routine,, you know,, like on Dorthey and Totto,, pay no attention to the guy behind the curtain bro!!!!

Ah - correction there buddy.

We disengaged from the UK a long time ago.

There are Aussie troops in Iraq, only because our former Prime Minister was George W's deputy marshall. We have a new Prime Minister who just visited our troops in Iraq, and part of his election pledge is to pull our combat troops out of there. Our reconstruction troops stay.

And 9-11 as you call it - I watched it all live on TV as it happened. Yes it certainly changed the world forever but I fail to see where Saddam Hussein was involved. My 2c worth and end of politics for this thread.

(Couldn't let your little snipe go unresolved.)

BTW - Dorothy and Toto lived in a dream as well.

Spear

PS - cleaned up your photo for you. Looked like fun!

Spear,

We may disagree on politics, but I appreciated seeing your countrymen while I was in Iraq. I also enjoyed seeing the Kiwis, Brits, Estonians, Mongolians, Japanese, etc.

Hope to get to see your lovely country someday. My brother, who visited while on R&R from Viet Nam was very enthusiastic about it.

Spear,

We may disagree on politics, but I appreciated seeing your countrymen while I was in Iraq. I also enjoyed seeing the Kiwis, Brits, Estonians, Mongolians, Japanese, etc.

Hope to get to see your lovely country someday. My brother, who visited while on R&R from Viet Nam was very enthusiastic about it.

Hey Cliff,

As some famous game-show host once said, "Come on down!"

JBlack1036..When Ya get home try and get to Texas...Got a bed at our home for you and whoever and we will ride the hill country...Treats are on me as a BIG THANK YOU for your service to our Country.( The least I can do) I respect ALL of you guys for your Service! Tom