IGNORED

No spark....All cylinders

About 25,000 miles ago my 2000 venture failed and would not start.....after checking everything for several days finally figured that the pick up assembly (part # 4nk 81670-00-00) had failed. Its also called an Ignition pickup pulse generator. The first one I replaced was ordered through Yamaha. This time I will get a used one from Pinwill. What I would like to know is if anyone else has had this problem or maybe I am just special. By the way I looked through the forum and could not find anyone else with the same problem....Both times the pick up assembly failed it was in the my garage, a day or three after a long hard ride, 10hr 60-80mph.:crying:

Not that part, but for a couple of years I was going through stator & regulator/rectifier like oil changes. My old Road Star went through the original plus 2. My next bike, RSTD lost the original,, at least that was warranty $$.

I started thinking my carport was over an Indian Burial Ground???

And I did find out after a utility survey that my house power did run directly under the carport,,, directly in-line with how I park my bike :shock3: !!!

It had me thinking the magnets were being nutered or something??!!

Well, still parking the bike (now 2) in the same place,,, no problems in a few years now.

Either the spirits or the amps have been overwhelmed by two big Royals,, or ????

SO,,, try another pickup and yeah, watch where you park it.

(I used Pinwall this summer. I give them a 10 for my experiences.)

Mike G