IGNORED

1st Gen Handle Bar Cross Bar.

GolfVenture

I would like to connect a cross bar to where the handle bar last bends before reaching each end of the handle bar. So one can mount more accessories. Like a GPS, an Action Camera etc.

Kinda of like the one in the attached picture I got off ebay.

Has anyone in this group done something like that to the 1st Gen.

I would like to connect a cross bar to where the handle bar last bends before reaching each end of the handle bar. So one can mount more accessories. Like a GPS, an Action Camera etc.

Kinda of like the one in the attached picture I got off ebay.

Has anyone in this group done something like that to the 1st Gen.

I don't know of anyone doing a full crossbar, both technically difficult and unnecessary.

If it is electronics mounts you want there are many different ideas that have been posted on here.

Below are some pictures of what I did. The GPS is a plate welded to a stud. On the bar end I welded a nut to the nut that holds the upper bar on. Velcro on GPS holds it in place. Mount is rotatable to where it can be best viewed, then tighten up lock nut.

The radar detector is mounted to a mirror stud that has had the middle bend cut out and welded back together. The ball swivel was mounted to a piece of sheet steel and velcro is used to hold detector in place. This same idea could be adapted to a camera. The line of site for the radar detector is outside of the windshield so it would be a nice line of site for a camera.

Gary