IGNORED

Alpine Sleding

Condor

This was just forwarded to me by a friend. I wanna ride it!! :sign woo hoo: Too bad we can't do something like that here in the US. We have the mountains, but we also have way too many safety restrictions....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjw5GhyZUu0]Sommerrodelbahn im Stubaital - Mountain Coaster - YouTube[/ame]

Kimberly BC ski resort had something similar to that they ran in the summers a few years ago. You rode the lift up and the handed you something that looked like large cafeteria tray with 3 wheels and rubber pads on the bottom corners. There was a handle that looked like a joystick that you pushed forward to push the wheels down so the sled/tray would lift off the rubber pads. The Kimberley track was made out of concrete looked kind of like a trough not much wider than the sled and some corners were just about totally sideways.

It was a blast and a great time, but some of those corners really made you take a deep breath because if you went in too slow you fell off, and if you went in too fast you would fly off, but it was a blast!!

I think they took it out when the Marriott built their big new fancy hotel close to the base.

Brian

Edited by friesman

Kimberly BC ski resort had something similar to that they ran in the summers a few years ago. You rode the lift up and the handed you something that looked like large cafeteria tray with 3 wheels and rubber pads on the bottom corners. There was a handle that looked like a joystick that you pushed forward to push the wheels down so the sled/tray would lift off the rubber pads. The Kimberley track was made out of concrete looked kind of like a trough not much wider than the sled and some corners were just about totally sideways.

It was a blast and a great time, but some of those corners really made you take a deep breath because if you went in too slow you fell off, and if you went in too fast you would fly off, but it was a blast!!

I think they took it out when the Marriott built their big new fancy hotel close to the base.

Brian

ya... I'd mentioned in another thread that I rode that thing way back in 1975 or 6 when I lived in Cranbrook. I'd forgotten exactly how it was constructed or what device ya rode on, etc.

The one in Park City you can even race...two slides side by side

Thats identical to the one that I loved in Kimberley BC but they only had one track. the farther you pulled the lever back the faster you went. if you wanted to stop you just let go and the tray settled onto 4 rubber pads. It was fun, I always ended up into the padding at the end of the track.......i guess I hated to brake....

Brian