IGNORED

Classified Ad Editing

Condor

I just tried to update the text in the fork brace ad in the 1stGen parts forum. Can't do it. It will not allow me to delete the curreent text and reword it. When I did a reword, and then went to delete a couple of the pics, the added text ended up be a garbled mess. A combination of the old text and the new.. So when the time comes I'll kill the ad and start over. I think it might have had something to do with the ad being shuffled around a couple of months back between the main board and the classifieds. OK actually what it did was kill my lengthy new text and replace it with the old text... after the pic delete.

Condor,

I looked at your classified ad, and I can not see anything wrong with it.

I sent you a p-email containing what it says and if you want it worded differently, just tell me what you want it to say.. I will edit it for you.

Condor,

I looked at your classified ad, and I can not see anything worng with it.

I sent you a p-email containing what it says and if you want it worded differently, just tell me what you want it to say.. I will edit it for you.

Yep, because I couldn't do anything with it.... Same-o same-o. There just seems to be a glitch in that we can't get rid of the pics after editing and have it return to the new edit. I suppose I could delete the pics first and then type up the new text. Loosing the ~long~ edit was a PITA..... Next time I'll know....

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it or not but a week or two ago, I changed the classifieds from using an "Advanced WYSIWYG" editor to a more basis WYSIWYG editor. The advanced editor had some bugs that I couldn't get resolved. It is possible that the ad was placed before I changed the editor and now gets screwed up with the new editor. I wouldn't think that would have caused it but it's the only thing I can think of right now.

There was actually no "shuffling" of the ads. The ads were never removed from the old classifieds and then later put back. It was simply re-activated.

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it or not but a week or two ago, I changed the classifieds from using an "Advanced WYSIWYG" editor to a more basis WYSIWYG editor. The advanced editor had some bugs that I couldn't get resolved. It is possible that the ad was placed before I changed the editor and now gets screwed up with the new editor. I wouldn't think that would have caused it but it's the only thing I can think of right now.

There was actually no "shuffling" of the ads. The ads were never removed from the old classifieds and then later put back. It was simply re-activated.

That's probably the reason. Just a wild stab at the shuffling?? Anyway, I'll delete this one and repost in the next couple of weeks.... Speaking of deleting... Is there anyway I can just delete the add without using the 'SOLD' option?? It just seems kinda silly to mark the item as sold when it really wasn't... IMVHO... :)

Yes, just go to your add. At the upper right is a drop down menu that sas "Ad Options". Choose "delete" and then scroll to the bottom of your add and there will be a box to check and then delete.

Hmmm?? My drop down doesn't have that. Mine says PRODUCT OPTIONS. On the drop down the first selection is USER OPTIONS which isn't linked. There are a couple more and then EDIT AD, and then SOLD IT!. No delete. I'm still using I.E. 7. Maybe that's the reason??

Hmmm?? On the drop down the first selection is USER ....There are a couple more and then EDIT AD, and then SOLD IT!.

Condor,

Right under the SOLD IT option is the delete option...I just looked. :thumbsup2:

If you want me to delete it for you send me an email..

Hmmm?? On the drop down the first selection is USER ....There are a couple more and then EDIT AD, and then SOLD IT!.

Condor,

Right under the SOLD IT option is the delete option...I just looked. :thumbsup2:

If you want me to delete it for you send me an email..

I must be on a different planet. My drop down ends at Sold It.... :confused07:

OK...it is different for members and moderators. You can delete your own ads but it is not an option in the drop down menu. In the drop down menu, select "edit ad". Then go to the bottom of your ad and there is a box to check to "delete ad".

Thanks it's gone.....