IGNORED

where are our Yamaha's built

I have a 2007 RSTD and am wondering where is was built? Is there any knowledge of any of the parts being built in China like some of the HD parts? I know the VTX's that I have owned were assembled in Marysville Ohio, NOT JAPAN, although many of the parts were mfg. in Japan.

VINs starting JYA-JY4 were built in Japan, VINs starting with 5Y4 were built in the USA, VINs starting with VG5 were built in France. Hope that helps.

VINs starting JYA-JY4 were built in Japan, VINs starting with 5Y4 were built in the USA, VINs starting with VG5 were built in France. Hope that helps.

JYA, is what mine starts with, so Japan is it's origin. Thanks for the info.

I know Yamaha PWC are assembled here, Newnan, GA I think. Also some of their ATV and UTV line. Not sure if any of the Motorcycles are though.

Not sure about Yamaha, but I heard/read somewhere Honda own's a stake in every company that supplies parts to them. Part of their strategy to control quality.

I have a 2007 RSTD and am wondering where is was built? Is there any knowledge of any of the parts being built in China like some of the HD parts? I know the VTX's that I have owned were assembled in Marysville Ohio, NOT JAPAN, although many of the parts were mfg. in Japan.

I do not know the mileage of your bike. But just in case you did not know. There is a recall of this model. The head bolts where not properly torqued on some and there could be an oil leak. Mine started at around 4,000 - 5,000 mile. That is how I knew. The dealer whom sold the bike new should have checked this before the bike left the shop. They did not on mine and then the head gasket had to be replaced. If it is checked and done early then you will not have this problem. I found out the hard way, as usual.

I love mine, although I am going to do the Flanders handle bar upgrade ASAP. Other than that and new Avon Tires, I will be ready for next spring. Thanks for asking the question, I have wondered that also.

Fuzzy

I know Yamaha PWC are assembled here, Newnan, GA I think. Also some of their ATV and UTV line. Not sure if any of the Motorcycles are though.

Not sure about Yamaha, but I heard/read somewhere Honda own's a stake in every company that supplies parts to them. Part of their strategy to control quality.

We have robots at this plant no bikes are made there PWC and the UTV are the main things built.

I do not know the mileage of your bike. But just in case you did not know. There is a recall of this model. The head bolts where not properly torqued on some and there could be an oil leak. Mine started at around 4,000 - 5,000 mile. That is how I knew. The dealer whom sold the bike new should have checked this before the bike left the shop. They did not on mine and then the head gasket had to be replaced. If it is checked and done early then you will not have this problem. I found out the hard way, as usual.

I love mine, although I am going to do the Flanders handle bar upgrade ASAP. Other than that and new Avon Tires, I will be ready for next spring. Thanks for asking the question, I have wondered that also.

Fuzzy

I bought it the second week of August with 20,125 miles on it. It was sold on consignment by a dealer that he had all of his non-warranty service work done. I was told that he was a fanatic on his bikes, yes they said this was one of five bikes he owned. Anyhow I plan to take this in for service soon and will ask about all warranty work preformed. I know I asked about recalls when they did the warranty transfer inspection; they said there wasn't any. NO OIL LEAKS!!!!!!