IGNORED

Battery Powered heated vest

Freebird

For the last month I have been reading about them and the battery heated gloves and socks..takes (2) (to 4) AA batteries and lasts 10 to 12 hours.

There are about 5 differeent brands I found so far.

I received a gift certificate as a Christmas exchange gift at work, and told my wife I will be using it to pick up a pair of battery heated golves this weekend..so either today or tomorrow I will be picking up the gloves

While in the store, I was plannng on checking out the vests and socks too...

In MHO the size of the battery will limit the amount of heat it can produce over a time period. I personally never got cold around the chest it was my hands and feet that got cold. Of course that is ridding mainly in Nevada and the south of I40. Just a thought..

Fred

Guest KitCarson
For the last month I have been reading about them and the battery heated gloves and socks..takes (2) (to 4) AA batteries and lasts 10 to 12 hours.

There are about 5 differeent brands I found so far.

I received a gift certificate as a Christmas exchange gift at work, and told my wife I will be using it to pick up a pair of battery heated golves this weekend..so either today or tomorrow I will be picking up the gloves

While in the store, I was plannng on checking out the vests and socks too...

Hi Eck: I used to hunt a lot in Missouri, before we moved to South Carolina, my hands and feet always got cold. As for the battery powered gloves they were nice, however the batteries would not last as advertised. I used to get about half a day out of them, and batteries are not cheap.

I tried the socks also.......what I got into with the socks was your feet sweat on a long hike ........you already have insulated boots , so feet do get quite warm......so you have to wash them .....by hand......and after about six uses the little wires somewhere would break.....I think the gloves would be a great deal though.........as for the price of batteries I keep a charger and 12 batteries in my service truck....for the camera, for this , for that, and have been using those same batteries for two years. The batteries and charger were somewhat expensive at first , something like 80 bucks I think......but long term do really save on the cost of decent batteries. . Anyone ever used mittens? I used to live in Oregon also , and I just used a good pair of mittens with my bike.......hands never got cold, mittens work well on a bike.