IGNORED

Riding All day

spke

Just wanted to share my recent experience w/ riding all day. I've had my 04 RSMV for about a month now and done a few 150-200 mi days. Based on that I was execting the outcome of an all day to be good.

Well.... I just took some folks to Daytona and back. We covered appx 1500 mi's, the last day being an all day of about 550mi.

I've been working my way up to a full touring bike and just moved to the RSV from a Roadstar. The R* would've beat me up pretty good on this trip. The Venture was a DREAM. I had no comfort or performance issues whatsoever. Rode 11hr's on Sunday with a few short gas breaks and when I got home I felt like I could do an another 11hrs with no trouble. The Venture came with Russell All-Day seats that were custom made for the PO. Luckily he and I are of similar build. The seat felt strange when I first got on it but now I love it. Guess that's why the call them "all day".

Just wanted to share my recent experience w/ riding all day. I've had my 04 RSMV for about a month now and done a few 150-200 mi days. Based on that I was execting the outcome of an all day to be good.

Well.... I just took some folks to Daytona and back. We covered appx 1500 mi's, the last day being an all day of about 550mi.

I've been working my way up to a full touring bike and just moved to the RSV from a Roadstar. The R* would've beat me up pretty good on this trip. The Venture was a DREAM. I had no comfort or performance issues whatsoever. Rode 11hr's on Sunday with a few short gas breaks and when I got home I felt like I could do an another 11hrs with no trouble. The Venture came with Russell All-Day seats that were custom made for the PO. Luckily he and I are of similar build. The seat felt strange when I first got on it but now I love it. Guess that's why the call them "all day".

I have been wondering about the Russell All-Day seat or maybe the Ultimate seat. I have even been thinking about redoing the stock myself, per a good article I read and saved. Maybe adding gell to it.

Glad you had a good trip.

Fuzzy

I've done several 11-hour days on my RSMV with the stock seat. I had to do a bit of "tail-bone" modification to it coz after a couple hours, I would be hurtin .... that helped a lot but I was still stiff and sore after 5 or 6 hours or more .... then I put a back rest on and that made a world of difference. What I realized is that without the backrest, I would slouch a lot and my back and arms were doing all the work while my legs were relaxin. The backrest made me sit up straighter, better posture makes a world of difference.

Now, with my Wing and the pegs rather than floor boards and the way the seat is designed, I can't help but sit straight .... and I can pretty much ride all day without any ill effects.