IGNORED

biker slant

junkyardog53

I rode for 20 years.. had a friend killed on his scooter....next month laid my scooter down with wife on back...she got 3rd degree burns and said no more. 10 yrs went by... friends starting riding....it got back in my blood and back on scooter. Man...all I think about is the ride home or to work and on my day off.... a ride. Its like maximum freedom from the cares of the world. Its not a perfect cure for stress.. but what a great start.:cool10:

We are a different breed, many of us not accepting the status quoe and think outside the box. Right now I'm taking a vacation and heading south just so I can ride some...it's been 2 months since I have been on the scoot. Needless to say....I'm ready to put on a couple thousand miles :banana:

I know I looks at thing differently than most of the so called bikers anywhere I work.Just last wednesday one of the so called bikers said I should take his car at the end of shift and drop him off on the way because the temps were in the high 20's and I have a 47 mile ride to get to my Rv.I said no thanks I prefer to ride besides I am not leaving any scoot in a parking lot overnight when I cant see it.

Most of us do it seems act like everyday is a holiday I ride all the time and do not hessitate to get something for my bike I dont like chrome but if I want a new sat radio floorboards or what ever I just get it.

Ride safe and have another 365 Christmas's

Jeff

Years ago my sisters boyfriend went with me to pick up my brand new XS650 Yam.. When we got home I let him take it down the street and back to "taste" being on two wheels... She married the guy shortly after that and they have 5 children.. A few years ago he stopped by the shop with his youngests moped in the back of his truck and asked if I would take a look at it - he said the Honda shop told him the motor was ruined and it would cost over 1200 bucks to fix... I benched, motor was locked,, dug a little more and found out it was hydroed.. He stared blindly at me as I took his sons moped and tipped it up side down and proceeded to pump the oil out of the crankcase with the electric starter... THen watched in disbelief as I turned it back over and filled the case thru the plug hole with raw gas and turned it back over and dumped the gas out of it.. His disbelief went away shortly thereafter as I was pulling out of my driveway on his sons moped running like the day it was brand new...

To my astonishment his reply when I returned was,,,,,,,,,, "something occured to me about you when you came back into your driveway on my sons Moped a moment ago" - I said whats that?? He said "you had that same look on your face riding his moped that you had on your face the day we went and got you new Yamaha up in Scotville - sheer delight.."

Yep,, life is good when a man is being what he is suppose to be...

'Puc