IGNORED

Cheap motorcycle turntable

1rooster

I had a 2foot by 2foot sheet of stainless steel I laid down on my wood garage floor to put the bike on the center stand for an oil change.While walking to the tool box I bumped into the bike and it moved about 6 inches.To my surprise I can rotate the bike 360 degrees with just one hand on the stainless plate.I took another piece and put under my 84 now I have 2 turntables.Works great.PS....I tried a sheet of aluminum but I guess it is too soft and did not work for me.:cool10:

Looks great in your attached pics......:rasberry:

Another thing you can do is strap one of those furniture moving pads to the front edge of each tire. Then roll the bike forward until they are both between the tire and floor..place bike in gear to hold rear tire from rotating and hold front brake while pushing......wha-lah....push it where ever you want to go..:rotf:

Sitting here laughing as I type this.. wonder who will be the first to try it.....

Better place the bike on a piece of carpet first then use the moving pads..it wont slide on the cement floor...:rotf:

Hey now..if your garage is tiled.... it would work great...but hold on to it..:rotf:

Edited by Eck

1rooster's idea is awesome and thank you for sharing.

My bike has it's own turntable. I have a steel wheel mounted to the side of the center stand.

RandyA

i copied randy's idea and it works awesome anywhere i go. i can pull into my garage and use one finger on the trunkbox and rotate the bike around so i can ride straight out.

I guess there are some cases where a turntable makes sense, but, couldn't you just back the bike into the garage? That's what I do.

Would be kind of hard if one's driveway has an UPWARD incline of any nature in it..Appears to sound like yours does not. Mine doesn't either, and I just sit on mine and push, walk it backwards out of the garage using my legs, but sometimes I just hit the reverse button.. :rasberry:

Edited by Eck

(Quote) Fuzzy = I have a center stand on my bike.

Fuzzy,

With your bike on the center stand, all you have to do is "Lean" the bike towards you to where it "balanced per say" on ONE LEG of the center stand, and you can easily rotate it around in a circle in either direction..

I do this often with my GW..works like a charm..

Edited by Eck

Great Idea Eck... Carpeted the whole garage just so I could use the sliders....

I AM having to use alot of carpet cleaner though for the Harley that is parked beside it..... JK!

Seriously, I was laughing hard before I got to the end of your post... I was imagining the post that would read Kinda like this....."There seems to be a problem since I have started using my new turntable...every time I take the bike down the road, I hear a very loud thump thump thump......":big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by TDunc