IGNORED

speaker warranty ?

playboy

I have been noticing some crackle in two if my speakers with the radio on one front an one rear both left side. These should be covered under warranty right. Or is there a better speaker upgrade for these systems. Also the cassette deck quit an yes i use sometimes. Just wondering if I would be better off taking it in or upgrading the speakers myself replacing the rear speakers myself makes me kinda nervous .

i have a 2010rsv and i to had a rattle in the right rear spaker more in the housing then the speaker its slef i feel took it to a dealer after 4 different service guys heard it they ask the manger to see if its covered by warranty ,twodays later i was told it is/was and they set out ot get replacement parts,ended up replacing both rear speakers and housings all paided for under warranty thanks to a caring dealership, cave run yamaha in ky

They should absolutely be covered under warranty. If you are impatient and don't want to wait, there are several options that will work. Pioneer, Polk, etc. Really nothing special about them. I don't think you will see a lot, if any, improvement in sound though. Since you are taking it in for the cassette deck anyway, you may as well make them replace the speakers.

Stopped by the dealer today was hoping they would just come out an look an listen but no such luck. They did tell me if it is the tape deck they will take it out an send it off to clarion to be repaired they couldnt remember the last time they had ever done one but a mech. told the young service guy it should be back in a week this sound about right. The speakers he said were no problem they were a Yamaha part. He tried to tell me the bike had a three year warranty but that didnt fly.