IGNORED

Ipad 2 or Galaxy Tab 10.1?

BEER30

All of this talk about tablets encouraged me to quit procrastinating and go ahead and get a tablet. I had been leaning toward the Toshiba Thrive. I went to Best Buy last night and played with all on their display and I liked the Galaxy, the Xoom and the Asus units also. The Toshiba is significantly thicker at 16 mm. However it didn't feel much different in use. I left there still undecided but after I got home did some more research and I found that there is an app in beta form that will allow the Toshiba and Asus to control my digital cameras and use the big screen as a viewfinder through the usb ports. That and the cost sold me on the Toshiba. I ordered a 16gb Toshiba from Newegg for $399 with free shipping and a $70 store credit at Newegg which effectively gets me down to $329. I'll let everyone know how it works once I try it out.

Dennis

Guest tx2sturgis
If you like the idea of paying Apple every time you turn around then get the Ipad. If you like keeping your money and still get a good pad go with the Samsung.

If you like the idea of paying your grocer every time you turn around, then get a refrigerator. Makes as much sense.