IGNORED

Fall trip to Branson area, any pointers

Guest Reno

Morning,

We are planning a fall(late October) trip to the Branson/ Harrison Arkansas area. We will be staying at the Silver Leaf Holiday Hill Resort for a week. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the weather to expect and if the "colors" are at their peak at this time. We will also want to tour the Harrison area. We have a "Motorcycle Riding Guide of the Ozarks" brochure and it looks like a great area guide. I would appreciate any pointers on "must see" places and kinda unique places to eat and where not to go. Always wanted to ride in that area and now have a chance.

Thanks

Reno

take hiway 7 south out of Harrison. Little town of Jasper has a favorite eatery for bikers on the far end of the block on the right. Stay on 7 south of Jasper and there are a couple of viewing areas. I usually turn off to go to the SMALL towns of Deer, Nail and Swain and pick up 21 north that takes you through Boxely Valley. At the intersection in Boxely take 43 north that takes you to Ponca and back to Harrison by way of Gaither Mountain. 7 is VERY curvy and a bit of construction is just south of Harrison but always a favorite of mine. Can't remember the hiway number to Deer. Weather here can change on a dime. Just be prepared for anything.

Another is to go east on 412 out of Harrison to Yellville which is towards Mt. Home. Pick up 14 south out of Yellville to Mt. View which is the folk music center of the area. May want to stop a bit there just to take in some of the local culture. Take 9 south out of Mt. View to Rushing and Shirley and on to 65 north at Clinton. 65 takes you back to Harrison. Hope you have a wonderful and safe ride in the area.

South of Harrison is Jasper. Ride the roads there. Eat at the Cliff House Inn the views are fantastic and food isn't bad either. Order the Harrison Motorcycle Guide riding the Ozarks. The AR mortocycle guide isn't bad either but the Harrison guide is specific to the area you will be in. We rode 2,500 miles of the Ozarks in April, stayed in Harrison. Rode every ride in the guide, not a bad ride among any of them. Maybe not the prettiest riding I've done (8 out of 10) but without a doubt the best motorcycle riding I've done. The roads are awesome. One thing to note. GPS reception is very poor in some areas be sure to bring detailed paper maps. Or have trip-strips as a back up.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/aharbi/2011%20April%20Ozark%20Ride/ArkPanorama25.jpg