IGNORED

Who are still riding hacked bikes?

Sylvester

Mine is not attached at the moment but I still have her she is a motorvation formula 2 lift nose with all the options except the travel rack and spare tank.Motorvation is great with info and help.I got mine from an owner that knew nothing about it and when I called them they took the time to explain things to me and even sent me mounting info with pics so that it would be done right.I would suggest that which ever hack you get that you have it installed by some one that does it for a living,even though it looks simple it is a bit of a pain to get right but when its mounted correctly man what a fun ride mine didnt slow me down at all in the curves and the best thing is you will always have your trailer with you so getting extra goodies isnt a problem cause you will have the room for them,

Call me if you have any questions

number is in profile

Jeff

Mine is not attached at the moment but I still have her she is a motorvation formula 2 lift nose with all the options except the travel rack and spare tank.Motorvation is great with info and help.I got mine from an owner that knew nothing about it and when I called them they took the time to explain things to me and even sent me mounting info with pics so that it would be done right.I would suggest that which ever hack you get that you have it installed by some one that does it for a living,even though it looks simple it is a bit of a pain to get right but when its mounted correctly man what a fun ride mine didnt slow me down at all in the curves and the best thing is you will always have your trailer with you so getting extra goodies isnt a problem cause you will have the room for them,

number is in profile

Jeff

I looked at the electric angle adjustment, but when I saw the $1200 for the hydraulic brake I had an issue. That puts it up closer to the Hannigan. All the same I feel like the brake is needed on the outside. Given a passenger and the hack weight, it would put a motorcycle into a spin in panic stop. What else in the options do you have.

:farmer:

I've had a Hannigan Classic side car on my 2008 RSTD for alittle over a year now. It's been a fun ride. It took a while to get comfortable with right hand turns. I keep 90 lbs of weight in the sidecar, that seems to help.

I highly recommend getting the rake kit. It was a night and day difference for me. I can do all day rides now without being dog tired.

Adding the Electronic Camber Control and the sidecar brakes also helps. As mentioned earlier the initial set up is critical.

My wife loves the ride compared to the previous bike- K1200LT with a Hannigan trike kit.

Oscar V

San Antonio

Mine came with the following original options from 1984 front bumpers,rear lighted bumper,driving light,convertible top with removable bar,it had the electric lean but its froze up,brakes,aluminum wheel,3 outlet power port,removable windshield,rear view mirror,

I did have a problem a while back and had to have the torsion bar upgrade but they took care of me on that I want to say it was $125.00 for the upgrade returned to us.

I like it because its a heavy hack that I cannot get the wheel up in the air no matter how hard I try.It was very stable before we had the torsion bar problem. have not reinstalled it since that was just before I went to the sandbox and the 92 hasnt been started since so after I get the blonde back on the road that is the next project for me to work on.

Give me a call if ya want I am not working at the moment but am gonna get a job in a few weeks.(starting to run out of money)

Jeff

number is in profile

Jeff

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that: Mine is not installed at this time either..would highly recommend them. I have an extra 10 gal gas tank in the sidecar with an elec. pump to pump to the bikes gas tank. One of the things I really liked about the Formula 2 was the lift nose and wide seat. You can sit two adults side x side in it. The Torsion Adjuster Handle is great. No putting in weight when going for ride alone. Just adjust torsion adjuster and it tracks straight down the road. The sidecar brake on mine is a disk brake and the pedal for it is right next to my bikes rear brake pedal. Use both at same time or just the sidecar brake for a hard right hand turn. I also called Motovation for some advice because mine is in the slow process of being redone. They were great and said call anytime for info and they would be glad to help.

I have decided on a third wheel and have always liked the idea of a sidecar. Who still use one and what options for manufacturers do I have. I already have looked at Hannigan and Texas Sidecar. I am confused with Motorvations options list but will contact them soon.

you should be able to find one to your liking here!

http://www.pashnit.com/bikes/sidecar.htm

DRAY

Was starting to wonder if anyone here had a sidecar! I bought a 99 Royal Star Venture with 02 California sidecar in April from a guy near Charlotte. The rig was put together by Wing and a Chair in NC. Pretty basic compared to others I've seen. Have the electric tilt and that's it. No raked trees or leading links, but I don't know any different so it's just fine.

My first ever motorcycle and I'm having a great time. When the boyfriend is along he drives and I like the sidecar better than riding behind him on his bike.

I am absolutely no help with technical issues. I did a lot of reading and parking lot practicing before heading out to the highway. Check out www.sidecar.com for information and links and downloads.

Have fun!!!

Muffinman,

Found two California Sidecars and one Hannigan (black) on Craigslist. The Hannigan looks great, it is a Classic model with all the stuff (camber, quick disconnect brakes, lighting, dampner and top). Hope to hear for this one soon and it is in Memphis, which is realitively close. Thanks for all the imput on the phone. I will keep you posted.

I pulled the trigger on a used Hannigan Classic last night and will leave tomorrow with my trailer to pick it up in Hernando, Ms just south of Memhis. It is black so I won't have to paint it and has the cambercontrol, brake system and dampner. I will have the local Hannigan dealer install it and I should be good to go. I haven't decided whether to leave it permanent or detach it for two wheel riding; so I won't install the rake, yet.

Thank again Jeff, you were great help. I would have got a Motorvation if I could have found one, but this was just listed Monday and was a heck of a price compared to new.