IGNORED

Gps News

Moped

News on a GPS site mentioned that Garmin will put v.9 maps on units in spring. Those folks with current units (v.8) will get a Happy New Year from Garmin as they will upgrade yours for approx. $125.00 Some of you that won't be needing one (for bike) till spring might want to wait.

Most of the softwarew version changes involve them simply adding new subdivision addresses in various cities across the States and Canada. I travelled across the States and Canada this past fall using ver. 6 on my old SP3, never missed a turn. I wouldn't pass up a really good deal on a Garmin just to wait for a one step newer version of their software. If no great deals out there to be had, than by all means wait and get the newer software.

News on a GPS site mentioned that Garmin will put v.9 maps on units in spring. Those folks with current units (v.8) will get a Happy New Year from Garmin as they will upgrade yours for approx. $125.00 Some of you that won't be needing one (for bike) till spring might want to wait.

How do you tell what version you have? I only saw in the software version 3.30. I was deceived several times in the Niagra region of Canada by my unit on businessess.

just put the 2008 in my 2610,haven't been any place to check it out but they have up dated alot motels,service stations

I suckered into updating to 2008 from 2007. Lots of local additions here in Amarillo, that have been here for the last 3 years are still not on the map. Makes me wonder what do they update! My kids home and neighborhood purchased in 2004 are still not on the maps. I wouldn't take for the Zumo, but do feel I got ripped for the upgrade.