IGNORED

Clutch ????

Reed

I have notsed that my clutch lever has been getting less free play "for say." So I was thinking it is time to change the fluid. Did that about 3000 miles ago. Now it started it again. Went to the steeler, thay changed it again. Sed it didn't look good. I told him I just changed it. He didn't know what the problum is. Sed try it and see what hapens.

Is this why the the ventures are having clutch slip???

under power pull the clutch intill it starts to slip. Mine startes to do this with very little pull of the clutch lever. Now after new fluid I can squese the lever about 1.5 inches befour it starts to slip. Is this some thing we should be watching for???? Or do I still have some thing wrong?????

Thanks For all the help!!!

I have notsed that my clutch lever has been getting less free play "for say." So I was thinking it is time to change the fluid. Did that about 3000 miles ago. Now it started it again. Went to the steeler, thay changed it again. Sed it didn't look good. I told him I just changed it. He didn't know what the problum is. Sed try it and see what hapens.

Is this why the the ventures are having clutch slip???

under power pull the clutch intill it starts to slip. Mine startes to do this with very little pull of the clutch lever. Now after new fluid I can squese the lever about 1.5 inches befour it starts to slip. Is this some thing we should be watching for???? Or do I still have some thing wrong?????

Thanks For all the help!!!

Just for the heck of it take the top off the reserve and 'gently' pull the lever in a quarter inch or so. If you should see a slight deformation of the fluid surface, and that means the expansion hole at the bottom of the reserve is clear, and that's good... Also what color was the fluid when you first bled it? And when the dealer bled it?? It should be crystal clear, and if it was, the problem wasn't the fluid. Let us know what you find...

when i changed the fluid it was a light color not real durty. the hole was open. The steeler sead the fluid looked milkey? That would tell me there is water in it. I dont know? I did clean the reservoir when I change the fluid.:confused24:

when i changed the fluid it was a light color not real durty. the hole was open. The steeler sead the fluid looked milkey? That would tell me there is water in it. I dont know? I did clean the reservoir when I change the fluid.:confused24:

Milky is a term I've never heard before when discribing clutch fluid?? Discolored, black, inky, but never milky... When bleeding the clutch are you using a Speed Bleeder?? When flushing the clutch it's the only way to keep your sanity.... Was any work ever done on the mechanical side... clutch basket etc.?? If not, the problem could be a bad slave where the piston isn't returning all the way due to rusted cylinder walls, but I doubt this due to the bike's age?? OR the clutch spring needs to be beefed up... There's lots of things that could be amiss, but basically you have too much fluid in the hydralic lines for one reason or the other, keeping the clutch pack almost disengaged, and yes it will cause slipping.