IGNORED

hiway rpms

wecruz

If you are wondering about this to indicate miles per hour you are traveling, I can tell you that my 2007 Tour Deluxe speedometer is 8 mile slow. If I want to run 75 mph, then I must run 83 per the speedometer to actually do 75 mph. I just checked mine again yesterday per my GPS. There are some other threads here distressing this. There is an electronic devise fix also. Something called a speedo something or other. Sorry, I can not remember. All others speedometers are off by 7-9 mph slow also.

Fuzzy

Sorry i should have explained myself better, I presently own an 88 vr and at hiway speeds around 75 im turning about 4000 rpms. The mrs and I are looking at an 07 rsv and wondering if we will run into the same issue with the newer model. Test rode a 02 gl1800 on saturday and at 75 it was about 3000rpms. very smooth ride but a little crampy for my 34inch inseam. Other than that ive never ridden an overall better ride. But we like the looks of the yammy better, and a little more room for me to comfortably stretch out.

The gear ratios are taller on the 2nd gens. 4th gear on the 2ng gen turns virtually the same RPM as 5th gear on a 1st gen at any given speed. Easy way to thik about it is the Royal Stars have your transmission + an overdrive. Yes, they are both 5 speeds, but the concept is simply putting an overdrive on a 1st gen.

Unfortunately, this does NOT mean the 2nd gens get better fuel mileage - the wind resistance is greater.

Goose