IGNORED

Irene tornado in NC

Venturous Randy

Received Text message from Muffinman about an hour ago. No indication anything was bad. We lost power around 5:00 am. Running on generator and computer via USB connection to my Droid Thunderbolt.

Other than debris in the yard and loss of power and cable interenet, we are OK. Winds were 80-100 mph. Bogue pier sustained damage, rain is consistent, but have lost satellite tv since 4:30. Been listening to the scanner, mostly utilities freqs on the air, few domestic squabbles due to hurricane parties.

Irene should be right over the Muffin's about now. Hope all goes well with them, as other within Irene'spath.

BEER30

Thank for the update. I know that many of us are real concerned about you folks in that area.

It looks like Pamlico Sound is being pushed back across the Outer Banks from the backside of the hurricane. I hope that relieves some of the flooding.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

Glad you are OK Gene. Well Maybe not Ok but....:whistling:

Hard to think of everyone we have in that area but there are a few. Sunshine and nice here. I might have to go for a ride.

Thanks Dan. Just got off through talking to Mini. Ok so far. They are merely texting to conserve batteries on the cell. Mini said she worked till 6:00 yesterday evening and then came home to run the neighborhood off! JK!

I bet she is running Muffinman crazy.........:whistling::whistling::rotf::rotf:

BEER30

Well thanks to Beer for letting everyone know about us. We are on generator since about 10 am lost power around 9. We didn't see or hear a tornado but that doesn't mean there wasn't one up in Hertford. We are a bit further towards Edenton and closer to the sound then to Hertford.

We'll be fine just waiting for her to get her butt out of here so we can pick up the branches. Did have a pretty big one take out our neighbors fence. No big deal a fence can be fixed. We've had a lot of rain but a bit of a break for now.

Haven't heard from ADC but we know he's at a church with his family.

Margaret

Glad to hear all of you guys are doing ok..Hope your electric comes back on soon too.

We had lots of smaller branches down and some roadway flooding in the lower areas, but all is very close back to normal here in Charleston...Even I'm almost back to normal..just ask me...

This morning, I took a ride along the beach in Folly Beach, Sc which is a little south of Charleston and it had a lot of branches down and people were stacking them along the road and just cleaning up the after math. Had a lot of sand across the roadways where flooding occurred, but he water was gone when I was there. Just a lot of sand remains on the road, which made it a little difficult to ride the bike in...

Power came back on about an hour ago. Mom's generator went south. So just got back taking mine over to her. I only have about an hour worth of cleanup when the weather clears, so it isn't that bad.

Just wish the cable will come back on for internet.

BEER30