IGNORED

Sturgis Pics and Vids (not just mine hopefully)

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Sturgis pics! Of course the 'R' rated pics are not here.

A couple of pics show me in front of some very new and very old items. Plus the lake you see is the Sylvan Lake. Very scenic.

The pics of the vehicles on the road including mine, are of an accident we came across while riding in the Black Hills, and you can barely see a red ElectraGlide jammed under the guard rail. We were told at the scene the rider was alive...'for now'....we dont know the outcome, as we were all directed to turn around and head back the way we came.

Not a good way to see the Black Hills...from an ambulance. I hope the rider survived.

Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

I got some video of the band Zwarte live at The Knuckle Saloon. And yes, the ladies ARE wearing pasties....its all legal folks!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CwxZosFEdA]Zwarte Rocks The Knuckle! - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

I thought this was interesting. A custom chopper with a 22.5 widebase single (super single) truck tire hanging out in back. Notice how tiny this rear tire makes the other 'normal' bikes look?

Even the gas tank resembles the aluminum fuel tanks on a semi.

I'm thinking this tire should last a LONG time.

Guest tx2sturgis

You just dont see many custom choppers with raked out forks and an open primary pulling trailers very often. In fact, I never have. Till I saw this one.

Guest tx2sturgis

Years ago AMF-Harley-Davidson made golf carts.

But till now I had not seen a golf cart powered by the HD TwinCam Motor.

Cool!

Edited by tx2sturgis

Hey Brian

Was that accident on the nemo road on weds. just above Johnson Siding. That sure looks like the one we waited for. Except we were on the other side of it. If thats the case we were told the guy was alive, but busted up pretty good. They said when the bike stuck in the guard rail, it launched him over the edge. He was about 20 feet down I think.

Heck we just couldnt meet up. Going opposite directions on the nemo road. Plus we passed within 15 feet at the Full Throttle without knowing it......Maybe next year.

Guest tx2sturgis

Heres a couple of pics of Spencer with Baggershield. After an hour of looking for that booth and some help from lilBeaver (Rick) texting me I was able to find it. If you havent been there, then you dont get an idea of how many vendors there are and how hard it is to find the smaller booths mixed in with the large ones.

BTW he did offer me the VR/Sturgis deal, 15% off if I bought one! It looks very well made...but right now I'm not in the market for a new screen...if that changes, I will be looking at these as a replacement for the factory screen.

Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis
Hey Brian

Was that accident on the nemo road on weds. just above Johnson Siding. That sure looks like the one we waited for. Except we were on the other side of it. If thats the case we were told the guy was alive, but busted up pretty good. They said when the bike stuck in the guard rail, it launched him over the edge. He was about 20 feet down I think.

Heck we just couldnt meet up. Going opposite directions on the nemo road. Plus we passed within 15 feet at the Full Throttle without knowing it......Maybe next year.

Yes that was the same one. Johnson Siding, maybe Johnson Crossing...something like that. The roads were wet, and slick from the tree sap, and we were taking it slow when we ran up on that scene.

Yeah sure sorry that we missed each other....next year wear a strobe light on your head!

Guest tx2sturgis

The first two pics show the new Easyriders Saloon in Sturgis, and the view of Lazelle and Junction from the 3rd floor. Its a very cool place...I hope they do well in the future.

The last two pics show us posing in Lead. (rhymes with 'deed')

Guest tx2sturgis

Don't I make this lady look good? Its amazing that I have that ability after all these years!

:whistling:

Mack and Jakkd....what a combo....

Guest tx2sturgis
bet ya he drove all the way too!

from his trailer on the edge of town!!!

Yeah, I dont see a luggage rack either!

:crackup:

Guest tx2sturgis

Lets see if I can slip a few girlie pics in under the radar....if they get bumped we know who to blame!

:whistling:

Edited by tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

So I asked the rider if I can take a couple pics of his BossHoss trike and Aluma trailer. He said sure and stepped back without me asking him to.....But I guess his wife didnt want to move...so I took pics anyway.

Now have you ever seen one of these? No...I mean the picture of the female installed in a bike trailer?

If she sees this I'm dead!

:yikes:

Very cool! Looks like a good time, other than the day of wet roads...

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2:

Lets see, here is my 'sturgis' picture...

http://www.phys.ttu.edu/%7Epmengyan/TTUPhysPage_files/Personal/NewZealand/New_20Zealand_20_28In_20and_20around_20Nelson_29/index196.htmlhttp://www.phys.ttu.edu/%7Epmengyan/TTUPhysPage_files/Personal/NewZealand/New_20Zealand_20_28In_20and_20around_20Nelson_29/index196.html

http://www.phys.ttu.edu/%7Epmengyan/TTUPhysPage_files/Personal/NewZealand/New_20Zealand_20_28In_20and_20around_20Nelson_29/img196.jpg

Well at least where I was instead of Sturgis.

Guest tx2sturgis

My little single wheel trailer did its job flawlessly. We ran across this retired guy in Nebraska, who was bicycle touring. He told us he had traveled 26,000 miles by bicycle since retirering. I have no way to disprove that, but lets just say I'm not on board with it at this time.

Anyway, it looks like he had the same idea about trailering that I did. An open frame, single wheel design...I told him we thought alike except for one small detail....I prefer a MOTOR!

At one point it seemed as if my 'rig' was trying to fill up at the diesel pumps, just like a truck!...

Ok...back to reality.

This is real: I had lots of questions from men AND women about the trailer. I even told one couple that was looking at it, that I had NO idea it would be a 'chick magnet'!

At the Kickstart c-store in Sturgis, two men approached me as I was walking out the door. They told me they wanted to ask me about my trailer. As I glanced at their vests I noticed a couple of patches. I prefer not to post the exact name, but they were with a WELL-known club of national recognition.

They asked if I built it or bought it, and how it handled, what type of torsion bar it used, that sort of thing.

I was polite and answered the questions without revealing too much detail.

Seems that lots of bikers want a simple, liteweight, haul-a-few-things trailer.

So if yall see these on the road in a year or two, you saw it here first!

Edited by tx2sturgis