IGNORED

Vogel rides!

Cowboy

Hello all riders headed to Vogel!

The wife and I live and ride all the back country roads around Vogel and would like to see if anyone would be interested in having someone local take them on tour.

I had taken a few with me on rides last Vogel and had great responses.

I would like to keep the group no larger than five bikes for saftey.

A couple of ideas for rides.

Wed. ride up to Murphy then over to the Hiawasse Dam and back to Vogel.

Thur. ride to Suches, up Hwy 180 then Hwy 60 to Morganton then to Mineral Bluff, Copper Hill, TN Hwy 58 up to Telico Plains Grap a subway sandwich and take it up to Bald River Falls to have a picnic. Then ride over the Cherohala Skyway into Robbinsville. Then ride over to Hwy 28 South toward Natahalla River Gorge. Ride thru the river gorge and over the Wayhla Rd to US64 toward Hayesville, NC back to Vogel.

Fri. I would call it the Waterfalls ride. Taking backroads up to Hayesville, NC taking US64 all the way over to Brevard, NC up Hwy 256 and then the Blue Ridge Parkway back to Balsam, NC then US Hwy 74 . Note able we should see at least six waterfalls and make it to the highest point on the blue ridge parkway some 6,052 feet if I recall.

Sat could just be a small figure eight around the Vogel, Helen, Hiawasse, Suches Area. Back in time to have a great lunch with everyone.

Lets us know what you think.

We sould be over by 11:00 A.M. on Wed. Sooner if need be.

Thanks to the wonderful people on this site.

Be safe and hope to meet some new friends & see some old ones.

Brian & Sherrie Shoemaker

Hello all riders headed to Vogel!

The wife and I live and ride all the back country roads around Vogel and would like to see if anyone would be interested in having someone local take them on tour.

I had taken a few with me on rides last Vogel and had great responses.

I would like to keep the group no larger than five bikes for saftey.

A couple of ideas for rides.

Wed. ride up to Murphy then over to the Hiawasse Dam and back to Vogel.

Thur. ride to Suches, up Hwy 180 then Hwy 60 to Morganton then to Mineral Bluff, Copper Hill, TN Hwy 58 up to Telico Plains Grap a subway sandwich and take it up to Bald River Falls to have a picnic. Then ride over the Cherohala Skyway into Robbinsville. Then ride over to Hwy 28 South toward Natahalla River Gorge. Ride thru the river gorge and over the Wayhla Rd to US64 toward Hayesville, NC back to Vogel.

Fri. I would call it the Waterfalls ride. Taking backroads up to Hayesville, NC taking US64 all the way over to Brevard, NC up Hwy 256 and then the Blue Ridge Parkway back to Balsam, NC then US Hwy 74 . Note able we should see at least six waterfalls and make it to the highest point on the blue ridge parkway some 6,052 feet if I recall.

Sat could just be a small figure eight around the Vogel, Helen, Hiawasse, Suches Area. Back in time to have a great lunch with everyone.

Lets us know what you think.

We sould be over by 11:00 A.M. on Wed. Sooner if need be.

Thanks to the wonderful people on this site.

Be safe and hope to meet some new friends & see some old ones.

Brian & Sherrie Shoemaker

Brian, We are always up for a ride. We have done a bunch of the roads you are talking about and one of my favorite rides is your waterfall ride. Anyway let's make sure we meet up and we (me and my wife Shirley) would love to go. We will be down there Wednesday afternoon and are camping at the park.

Rick and Shirley

ps...........you will know us when you see us. We will be the ones on the 2nd gen Venture:rotf: