IGNORED

Stator/regulator connector?

Carbon_One

Ok I've looked thru the site here, the shop manual, and even checked out the bike short of actually stripping parts off of it. I've seen the wires coming out of the stator cover and see the plug for the regulator but where those go between the two is a mystery.

I'm looking for that white connector ya all talk about going bad. Seeing as my bike is 6 years old I thought it'd be a good time to check it. Don't have any problems now but don't want any supprises down the road either.

Larry

Yep, that's it. Its located under the seat in between the coolant reservoir tank and the the fuel pump. Take off the seat, the side covers, the rad. tank and dig around a little bit. You should see a number of connectors there. The one you want has three wires, all white I believe. You will likely need a flashlight. Sometimes it gets rather dirty in there and the wires and connectors will be covered in dirt. Clean the wires, connectors, spray the inside of the connectors with electrical cleaner spray, let dry, then apply dielectric grease to them. This is important maintenance to do!

Guest scarylarry
Thanks guys. I just didn't dig deep enough. If I had know it was there I could of done that when I replaced the fuel filter earlier this year. LOL

Larry

I was in the same boat with you, I was digging to and didn't find it....

Well I took her apart this morning and cleaned the plug and connectors up real good. Then used a generious amount of dielectric grease on both ends before reassembling the plugs. Terminals looked clean and tight so hopefully this was just a simple matter of preventive maintence on my part. Did the same with the other plug/connectors there with it too. A real pain in the a** getting to the plug/connectors but I certainly feel better knowing it's clean and serviced now.

I couldn't believe how much crud was built up on those connectors and wiring. I generally power wash the underside of the bike a couple times a year too but this area appears not to have been ever touched by the sprayer.

Will be checking,cleaning, and greasing the regulator plug next.

Larry