IGNORED

Ignitech programmable TCI-plug & play group purchase definately happening

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came home for lunch and found a shiney box on my door step ( OK not really shiney but I didn't care). Opened it up and pulled out my new Ignitech TCI. Took it straight out to the bike and 20 min later the bike fired right up. No more riding everyone elses bikes! (My son and wife wanted their bikes back).:cool10:

Thanks to Gary for all he did to get this group buy done.

It's a way of smoothing the pulsing out that is induced on the vacuum line due to the piston cycling up and down.

By tying all 4 cylinders together using a 5 port Dorman adapter, the pulses in effect somewhat cancel each other out. Then with the small storage container, they are further smoothed. The chamber is a couple of pvc caps and a very short piece of 1 1/2" pvc, just long enough to join caps. I took a vacuum tee and cut it down, then used JB weld to attach the vacuum nipples to one drilled cap. One vacuum hose runs from each port on the intake manifolds to the Dorman adapter & the 5th port then goes to the vacuum chamber, then to the MAP sensor.

I haven't had the 5 hose connection on this summer for the limited amount of riding I have done. It was part of my experimentation with the TCI. I will probably put it back in at some point. I have had the vacuum chamber in.

It is not necessary at all. The stock TCI was subject to identical pulsing and never had this. It's just one of those hidden anomalies that become apparent when you are able to see what some of the data is with this TCI.

Gary

Got mine today and did a quick installation to give it a test ride. WOW what a big difference, this TCI is awsome. Thanks for the hard work Gary. I may have to get one for my V-Max now.

The one you now have will hook right up to your VMax.

Adapter cable is identical between the two bikes.

The TCI programming is somewhat 'hotter' for what I sent with the VMax units. The IGN file is on the CD that I sent along for the VMax. Its in the IGN files/4 pick up coils directory

What is programmed in TCI now will run the Max, just not to its full potential, for one, rev limiter is set lower than Max would like, timing curve is not advanced as far.

Gary

• 1 month later...

I know that there might not be another group buy, but if I do purchase one separately, could I get the proper map info from you? I had wanted to get one in the group buy, but since my money tree died a long time ago, I didn't have the spare $$ for it at the time (I do now tho).

Currently trying to get mine running properly just in time to winterize it...

-Andrew

I know that there might not be another group buy, but if I do purchase one separately, could I get the proper map info from you? I had wanted to get one in the group buy, but since my money tree died a long time ago, I didn't have the spare $$ for it at the time (I do now tho).

-Andrew

I believe the lastest map versions have been kept updated on post 1 of this main ingitech thread

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40414

They are easy enough to email as needed though.

-Andrew

I will help any I can, Stuff is on my non working PC, but that will be replaced soon. Stuff is on separate hard drive.

Gary

• 1 month later...

I do not have any of the TCIP4 units left, I have an extra Racer 3 that I am going to experiment with on my bike at some point. It is a higher end TCI.

After Christmas I will see if there is enough interest to do this again, I have had several inquires in the last few weeks.

Gary

I do not have any of the TCIP4 units left, I have an extra Racer 3 that I am going to experiment with on my bike at some point. It is a higher end TCI.

After Christmas I will see if there is enough interest to do this again, I have had several inquires in the last few weeks.

Gary

Hmm, let's see, as I'm in Europe, I can order from Ignitech directly the TCIP4 unit, but there are other things I noticed you do, like adding the vaccum sensor and remapping the ingnitor

Could you help with the vacuum sensor and other ?

why can't be used the existing vacuum sensor? the voltage range is not appropriate? or why?

It can be used.

Reason it is not is that it is a 12v powered device and there was concern if sensor failed and passed 12 v into TCI that was set up for 5v, it might cause a failure of TCI.

Output of stock sensor is in safe range of 1-4V, approximate.

Gary

It can be used.

Reason it is not is that it is a 12v powered device and there was concern if sensor failed and passed 12 v into TCI that was set up for 5v, it might cause a failure of TCI.

Output of stock sensor is in safe range of 1-4V, approximate.

Gary

Gary, regarding your concern, this is what the guys were telling me on this matter.

Hello,

TPS input is protected for 12V.

Extra wires and counterpart connectors is not problem.

Jiri Krejzl

IGNITECH

Gary, regarding your concern, this is what the guys were telling me on this matter.

Hello,

TPS input is protected for 12V.

Extra wires and counterpart connectors is not problem.

Jiri Krejzl

IGNITECH

Jiri is sort of the lead engineer there.

In past I have had problems with language differences and from their sometimes partial answers to multiple questions in a single email. It seemed like they only read part of email.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...
Jiri is sort of the lead engineer there.

In past I have had problems with language differences and from their sometimes partial answers to multiple questions in a single email. It seemed like they only read part of email.

Gary

Gary,

So far so good. I just installed today the Ignitech black box and as expected the engine started. I even connected the stock MAP sensor to the TPS input and also it looks to work fine. The MAP I used was the one they provided me for V-Max with some minor adjustmens of the advance at low RPM. I did not had the chance today for a ride to fully test the bike.

Could you please point me to the lastest MAP you have tested? I'd like to compare it with my MAP and also with Yamaha's advance curve.

Regards,

Corneliu

Gary,

So far so good. I just installed today the Ignitech black box and as expected the engine started. I even connected the stock MAP sensor to the TPS input and also it looks to work fine. The MAP I used was the one they provided me for V-Max with some minor adjustmens of the advance at low RPM. I did not had the chance today for a ride to fully test the bike.

Could you please point me to the lastest MAP you have tested? I'd like to compare it with my MAP and also with Yamaha's advance curve.

Regards,

Corneliu

PM me an email & I will send some stuff to you. I can't send attachments via this site due to security settings on site.

What year bike? Any major power train mods?

Gary

• 9 months later...

gary my name is mike im a new venture rider and mine came with a bad tci....after buyin one off e-bay that didnt work i came across youre blog i am interested in buyin one of the ignitech ones from you if you have any please e-mail me with some info on wat i need to do to get one thanx :fingers-crossed-emo

hey guys i ordered one from ignitech and all the slots are used on the big connector, i have seen previous posts where they dont use the last 2 for the vacume sensor, did they send me the wrong one?

also, I cut off my old plug to hardwire it to my old cdi can anyone please post a pic of the conection between the wiring harness and the ignitech box? i just dont want to get it backwards. thanks in advance i know someone will help me out here!