So... my tranny needed some work. I have the parts. I am swapping gears and bearings over to my new transmission drive shaft. I have the end of the shaft with the proverbial wore out shims done which is the main cause of the second gear slip! I am trying to get the gears and bearings off the other side of this shaft. I see no circlip and the assy is tight...even put some light pressure on it with my press. The parts schematic shows a circlip, but I see none... ( part number 25 if you can open the attachment)

Anybody?:fingers-crossed-emo

Hate to push to hard and damage something.

Anybody else? Skydoc? Freebird?

The new shaft does not have a groove cut for a snap ring on the end, just down at the last gear, easy to see that particular snap ring/circlip. I am thinking it is going in the press tomorrow for a little harder push. Bearing must just be seated extra hard. Guess I will find out.

Thanks for looking.

hpd

hello, I do not see attachment. I had my tranny apart due to a bad bearing. The only shims are by the LARGE bevel gear bearing.ANd they do not wear because of a retaining plate. Everything else is thrust washers. I need to see attachment to confirm we are talking about the same thing?

Success story. I put my driven shaft in the press and applied a little more pressure to it and got the bearing and gear(s) to come off. There was a bit of a wear groove which was making things stubborn. I would not have even second guessed what I was doing except that any parts schematic I looked at online showed a clip on the end of the shaft. I could not see one...

So.......gearsnbearings loaded on shaft, tranny back in the motor, covers on and getting ready to slide it back under the seat where it belongs.

Thanks fellow gear heads.