IGNORED

When You've been travelling ...

SilvrT

... and using your credit card along the way, (or for that matter, any time you use your cc) ... monitor your statement closely. If you have on-line banking, do it daily.

As some of you know, Nina & I travelled to Cody and return with 2 other riders. En-route, I arranged our motel reservations. Chekking my Visa account today, I found that the last place we stayed charged me twice (the others were to pay their own)

So, I called them ... the first person I get says ... it was the reservations system ... they apply the amount to your card to hold the room and it will be deducted within 10 days. (B/S as far as I'm concerned). Anyhoo ... I tell her that a) they're using my money for which I will pay interest on, b) when they go about reversing it, will I be given the exact same US-CAD exchange rate, and c) this is a policy that is not acceptable to me and I want the funds refunded tout-suite! She tells me they don't have the capability to do that and I'd have to call Visa. (more B/S). I finally get a manager on the phone and after some digging, she discovers that the second charge was for the room one of our riding companions was in (the motel somehow screwed up). Thankfully, they did take his credit card so the manager is able to credit me and charge him (no names here but guys, check your credit card statement in case they bill you twice).

Other than that, all other charges appear legit (so far )

Also on the same line check you change closer. Twice in the last week I have caught them trying to shortchange me when I paid with large bills. Once 10 and once 20 bucks. I have a bad habit of just grabbing it and cramming in pocket. (Another bad thing)The Warden caugt them on the CC thing not long ago. Got charged for something we didn't get. Boy that little woman can get noisey!!

Also on the same line check you change closer. !

At a Tim Hortons one time the girl short changed me and had the nerve to say she did not have enough change in her till. But would not ask anyone at a different till for the change ?? :think: Sure made me laugh after how stupid it was.....

At a Tim Hortons one time the girl short changed me and had the nerve to say she did not have enough change in her till. But would not ask anyone at a different till for the change ?? :think: Sure made me laugh after how stupid it was.....

That is becoming popular here too at T.H. and other mainly fast service places,they say they have no pennies so the round UP to the next nickel...... I have caught them probably 5 times and keep telling them if they have no pennies that is not my fault and to give me the extra nickel.

That is becoming popular here too at T.H. and other mainly fast service places,they say they have no pennies so the round UP to the next nickel...... I have caught them probably 5 times and keep telling them if they have no pennies that is not my fault and to give me the extra nickel.

Yes have that all the time, but this girl short changed ten dollars. HUH

Just a side note to the extra charge on your credit card --

Last year I went to Maryland, don't remember what month but the charge was on my card as it should have been. 6 months later there was another charge for one night at the same hotel and I hadn't been out of Ohio at all at that particular time. Go figure ??

Bottom line ? You need to be vigilant with regard to your credit cards and seriously look at every debit on your monthly statement. It has never happened to my personal card but twice on my corporate card - perhaps they think it would just go thru -