IGNORED

Tom Tom GPS on sale

Venturous Randy

I have the Tom Tom GPS. I like it well enough. That one would not mount well on the bike The mounting system uses a spring loaded circular snap on that is not robust enough for a motorbike. It is actually not very robust for a car. My daughter complains that it is always coming off while driving. It would work well if you put it in a tank bag and let it ride under a plastic window. The touch screen would be difficult to manage that way though.

As for the navigation, it works well, and the maps are easy enough to update. One fun thing is that the voice is replaceable with lots of different options. I have Homer Simpson on mine.

I bought a Ram mount for mine. The unit is somewhat reliable. I've had mine a couple of years and haven't had any problems to complain about except I wish it had another option as to reaching your destination. You have to choose fastest or shortest route. Fastest works most of time, but includes any type of road that will get you there fastest. Shortest distance may send you down a goat trail. It kinda makes for a little excitement, use caution when using this mode. You may suddenly find yourself cutting across a corn field like I did once!!! All in all, I'm not going to throw it away, mainly 'cause I can't afford a high-end unit yet!!

For that price I've ordered one. I just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as the Garmin I ordered from WOOT a couple of months ago. :(

It got lost in the "hand-off" from FedEx to USPS. At least WOOT was "Johnny on the spot" giving me a refund.