IGNORED

iSimple iPod Adaptor

michellea

My Yamaha rep. has just emailed me that the iSimple iPod adaptor will be available in a few weeks.

Here is some info on this.

Fits: 1998-2011 Royal Star Venture

*additional cable is required for fitment on 1999-2008 models unless the CD Changer has been installed*

Simple plug and play device that allows an ipod/iphone to be controlled using the factory audio controls

Allows the use of ipod for hours of enjoyment

Compatible with ipods that use a 30-pin connector (including iphone, not compatible with ipod shuffle)

ipod charges when connected to isimple system

iSimple adaptor $224.95

Interface cable $86.95

If anybody is interested in ordering these, please PM or email me. Standard 15% venturerider discount will apply. Thanks!

Chad

Pioneer Motorsport

pioneermotorsport@yahoo.com

When I bought my wife her 07 Envoy, the only complaint she had was that she had to us an FM modulator to listen to her Ipod. I-Simple made a converter that plugged right in between the wires and allows her to control everything from the stereo. That was much better than changing out the factory setup for aftermarket and losing the Onstar and all the other features that displayed on the stereo. She loves it. If it is anything like that, and I can still use my BuddyRich cable for the Zumo, count me in for one when they come in. Although the converter for her car was only $89. So hopefully the price will drop as time goes on

Edited by SapperMedic
add

iSimple adaptor $224.95

Interface cable $86.95

Yikes!! In my opinion, that price is definitely way out of line.

For $12 at Radio Shack I bought a couple extension cables that plug into the aux jack. I ran one under the tank, along the frame and tie wrapped an end to right side rear passenger hand rail. With the other shorter one I have a couple of options... If the wife is with me she connects her iPod touch to the passenger grab rail cable so she can be the back seat DJ. When I'm on my own I use the same shorter cable to connect my iPod directly to the aux jack, start up a play list or random and stick the iPod in my pocket.

• 1 year later...

EZ install, I would also duct tape over the cable from the isimple to your device as this is prone to pull out when you fill your bags. I had this happen several times and some duct tape fix'd this. Mine also came with a new ipod touch, if that's included also, the price is not bad.

I just read an article in Rider Magazine about the Scosche Ipod Remote from Aeorstich.com. I was wondering if anyone has used this wireless remote. The remote straps to your handlebar and controls your Ipod which can be located wirelessly anywhere on the bike. It allows you to conrol the volume, skip tracks, hit play/pause, select playlists or shuffle via large, glove friendly buttons, and it claims to be waterproof. I have a power outlet in the trunk already and have split the aux cable also and was thinking of running the aux cable to the trunk however if the Ipod is communicating wireless to the remote then there is probably no advantage to run the aux cable to the trunk, just connect the Ipod to the power in the trunk and operate vis RF remote. THOUGHTS???? The cost of the remote from Aerostitch shows $79.00. The reviews appera to be pretty positive. I was wondering if anyone is using this remote and how do you like it?

This setup sounds nice...but pricey. I have six shuffles, I have four of them loaded up with different genres. And then two are totally random. 300 to 400 songs on each. I clip the one I am using to my tank bib, very easy to reach down and forward to the next song. I buy them off CraigsList and have never paid more than $20 for one.

• 1 month later...

I have tried to use the iSimple adapeter on my '07 but I have already removed the cassette and I cannot get it to work. I did not cut line when I removed the casstte, I just unplugged it. I am using a cheaper cable that I found online to connect it rather than the Yamaha one. Any idea if that will that make a difference?

Edited by Bounce

did you get the install manual?? with the bike off , plug one end into your c-bus connector coming into the saddle bag. Plug the end going to your ipod it into the #1 port, connect your ipod and have it in itunes playing music. Turn your bike to accy and turn the radio on. It will display 1-1 (for the channel) when it is recognised. Now change the song as you would for the radio station. It will display 1-1 again after a second or two.

You can go to http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/service/viewmanuals/viewmanuals.aspx?ls=star

select a 2011 or 2012 model venture and look at the radio section.

Edited by dacheedah

I have the owners manual and have done everything it says.

What I am wondering is do you neeed the Yamaha cable to connect it? I did not have a CD player installed before so I am not using the Yamaha cable to connect the unit to the amp. I am trying to figure out if that will make a difference. I have been told yes and no from iSimple. Who has hooked it up without the cassette deck? Did you use the yamaha cable or not? Has anyone hooked it up without using the yamaha cable?

My '09 has the c-bus connector (cable) in the saddle bag so I had a "standard" connection. I still have my cassette.

Using the c-bus connector you can control the iPod from the radio controls on the handle bar (skip songs, go back). You need the c-bus cable.

• 2 weeks later...

So for some crazy reason even with the c-bus cable the iSimple does not work on my bike. Only a couple people at iSimple know anything about this unit and they gave me no help. I was really looking forward to it but I can't figure out any way to make it work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looks like the harness itself is only $35. How it exaclty hooks up I cant tell from the pics I see. One looks like it plugs into a box of some sort. Maybe an amp? Or will it plug into the end of the cable that goes into my CD player? Or being they deleted that, follow that cable back to whatever it plugs into and replace that entire cable?

• 10 months later...

have you updated the iphone os? also try contacting isimple and see if they have a firmware update for your isimple. Only other thought is you have a bent pin. You did plug it into port 1. try unplugging it from the bike connection for at least 5 minutes and replug it. turn the bike on and see if you can find 1-1 on your controller. also check that you have not moved the dip switches

reset your ipod touch, then try it. you can only have a max of 5 playlists. plug it in, select the music and shuffle. I actually ran my wire back out to the back seat and my wife runs pandora on it from her iphone 5. You can buy a second plug and run one front and one rear.