IGNORED

1st gen windshield

bike nut

My Ventures windshield has a coating that is coming off.I used 2000 grit sand paper to clean it up.It took the coating off but the windshield is quite foggy to look through.Is there any way I can salvage it?I hate to have to buy another one.I was thinking of cutting it down and painting it black.Unless I can clear it up.

I had the same issue with mine.

I wet sanded it with 2000 to get rid of all of the scratches and peeling coating and the used several grades of polishing compound to make it clear again.

The final polish was with the Honda windshield polish and it is just as clear as new.

BUT

That coating that you removed is what gave it some scratch resistance, from this day forward you will have to keep some clean soft rags and a bottle of the polish on the bike to use every time you clean the wind shield. With the coating removed I have not found a way to get bugs off without scratching the unprotected plastic.

I finally broke down and bought a new windscreen.

I am thinking about trying to use a 2 part clear coat, followed by block sanding and polishing, on the old screen. If the clear eats the plastic, no loss. If it works, I think the clear will be more scratch resistant than the bare plastic.

I am thinking about trying to use a 2 part clear coat, followed by block sanding and polishing, on the old screen. If the clear eats the plastic, no loss. If it works, I think the clear will be more scratch resistant than the bare plastic.

Please posts and let us know how that works for you!