I checked out the other threads on this plug topic and came up with two plugs. The original NGK-DPR8EA-9 (Napa - $2.29 each, I purchased today) and this plug in a IRIDIUM NGK-DPR8EIX-9 (Napa - $10.00 each). Napa did not recommend the Iridium, when I asked if they knew anything about them. Napa parts person said the Iridium have been known to burn holes or pits in the top of the pistons. I was planning on using the original plugs anyway. So far I have figured out that the tank and dog bones has to be removed to get the plugs out. Any further advise and help in any way here is appreciated.:thumbsup2:

James (Fuzzy)

IMHO, the stock plug is the only reasonable choice. Nothing wrong with the iridium plug, other than a huge price and absolutely NO benefit other than not having to change them as often. I actually prefer to change my plugs on a regular basis with standard plugs (I do about 25,000 miles a set), just so I can read them and know I have a fresh set in place.

The guy that said they did damage is absolutely wrong.

Goose

I ran Iridium plugs all last year.

Winter before last, I had motor tore down partially, did not split case. I had pistons out, etc. Pistons were perfectly clean when I put them back in.

Put 6,000 miles on it last summer.

This winter I tore motor down again, just to do some more enhancements to it. The tops of the pistons did not have any damage to them. They looked very normal to me. Little carbon build up, but nothing that was a concern.

I am OK with the Iridiums, I think they cost a little under $7 at O'rielys Auto Parts. The gap did not change on them. Were they worth it, I don't know, that is something power wise it would take dyno time to verify.

I reused them this year, that is if I ever get to ride it.

Gary