IGNORED

Driver rear-ended by motorcycle discovers dazed biker in back seat

Prairiehammer

The driver of a minivan that was rear-ended by a motorcycle in Victorville, Calif., got all the way home before he realized the dazed biker had landed in his back seat, the Victorville Daily News reports.

Karen Hunt, a spokeswoman for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's office, says officials call the incident "a non-injury collision with a twist."

Hunt says officers initially feared the biker had gotten caught under the vehicle because callers who reported the accident didn't know where the rider was.

Deputies say the driver had slowed to turn into his street when the crash occurred and proceeded for a half-block to his home.

Calling out to his wife that he'd been rear-ended and needed to go back, he turned around to find the shocked biker in the back seat, the newspaper says.

Hunt says the biker did not need any medical attention because the helmet sustained most of the impact.

All he asked for was an icepack for one of his hands, the paper says.

Next time I leave the scene of an accident I ill tell the officer that I simply wanrted to head home and let my wife know what had happen. I was gonna return.

So th rider was dazed. I wonder how he woke. did he think he was in a weird ambulance

A good friend of mine had that happen to him on the Freeway here in Dallas.

It was a Saturday, and he had his family in the Honda minivan. He was slowing down for a Construction Zone, when he experienced a loud bang, flying glass, and the whole rear end felt like it had lifted up and slammed down.

He checked his driver mirror and saw that all of the traffic had stopped 1/4 mile behind him. He turned to check on his kids in the 2nd row seating behind the passenger, and then discovered a helmet was against his back seat!

The impact had driven the M/C rider through his back window and into his seat from behind, missing the kids by inches.

Rescue cut the van apart at the back. It was totalled from the blood stains alone.

And he never did learn the outcome of the rider.

Sounds familiar. Had a drunk driver on I45 in Houston hit a pedestrian walking on the side of the road so hard the body ended up in the front seat. When a cop stopped him after seeing the body damage, the driver hadn't even realized that the victim was right next to him. The guy was still alive but died later at the hospital. Hope that driver enjoys his stay in Huntsville.