IGNORED

Need some options...front forks

elmicko

Sorry to post this one here, but I need an answer pretty quick. I just put RSTD bars on my RSV and after riding it I found that something just didn't feel right. After getting down and looking, the left side of the bar is hitting the air inlet on top of the fork, and not seating good in the riser. I did have the forks lowered in the triple tree. The right side is turned in a little so it's not touching. What would be the best way to fix the left so it won't touch the bar? I installed progressive springs, so I'm not running air in the forks.

This is a guess, not having an RSV. If your not putting air in forks, could the fitting be removed and replaced with a lower profile plug.

A decent hardware store should have plugs in stock.

Guessing it might be a 1/8" NPT fitting, but this is sight unseen.

I just looked at parts fiche and the above stupid idea may not work, so let's run this one up the flag pole.

Will a 1st gen fork cap screw in? They don't have the air fitting in this position, it is built into inner fork tube.

If it would help, I could get a picture of one & some measurements and post them. I am home at this point.

It would take one of the guys that own the classic and the R(eally)S(low)V(enture)to be able to guesstimate this.

I have a couple spare caps laying around, they are not in mint condition though.

Gary

Edited by dingy

If your not running air in it, get a plug the same thread as the shrader valve. You did mention that the opposite one is not hitting, have you tried to turn the problem one to see if it can clear or are the bars not evenly split in the clamps?

Thanks Dingy. I'm going to take a closer look at it tonight when I get it down in my garage. I'm hoping I can find some easy way to take off the nipple and attractively plug the hole. Not real sure how I'm going to do this, but it's worth a shot. I'll post back if it presents a problem. Love the new bars, but the install has ended up being a major PITA.