IGNORED

Carbs

Sailor

When cleaning my 02 I noticed a lot of small cracks in the rubber elbow from the carbs to the engine. I don't think any go through the rubber....yet. Is this common and is it likely to give me grief anytime soon?

Fairly common on the 1st gens.

It would take a lot to get all the way through, this is tough rubber.

If you are concerned, start bike and spray WD40 on cracked area and see if RPM picks up, if it does, they are cracked all the way through.

Gary

When cleaning my 02 I noticed a lot of small cracks in the rubber elbow from the carbs to the engine. I don't think any go through the rubber....yet. Is this common and is it likely to give me grief anytime soon?

yep, about 1/2 way to Cody ..... :stickpoke: :witch_brew:

yep, about 1/2 way to Cody ..... :stickpoke: :witch_brew:

Not to worry Sailor, if you get half way to Cody, the rest of the trip is all down hill..... and you can just coast it. (see that. I got by without saying "Sailor" and "cruisin" in the same sentence" :rotfl:

:15_8_211[1]:

Not to worry Sailor, if you get half way to Cody, the rest of the trip is all down hill..... and you can just coast it. (see that. I got by without saying "Sailor" and "cruisin" in the same sentence"

It's called a broad reach or dead down wind.... Sailor speak to youse landlubers.. Down hill... Geesh!!