IGNORED

Posted from my new Netbook

RandyR

I bought a laptop to carry on the motorcycle a little over a year ago. Since then its become my main computer.

So I just brought home from Walmart a new 10inch netbook. Its exactly half the size and thickness of the laptop. And I won't feel any 2nd thoughts about packing it on my bike for the trip to Cody.

It is an Acer D257 with the latest Intel N570 dual chip. Its fairly peppy. Has a 250gb hard drive and a couple USB ports. So far the 1GB memory seems adequate. I'm using my home wifi network with it now.

Walmart had the best price I was able to find.

The 10inch screen seems fine for email and forums like this.

Cool deal..BTW take my phone number down and call me when you get to Cody. I will be at the KOA and have a package for you. I drank the first package... sure is good especially buried deep in a cooler of ice!

Cool deal..BTW take my phone number down and call me when you get to Cody. I will be at the KOA and have a package for you. I drank the first package... sure is good especially buried deep in a cooler of ice!

Supposed to be riding into a heat wave end of next week. Hopefully the package will make it thru...

I'll give you a call if I don't see you at registration Sunday afternoon/evening.

If you have an Iphone , I find the radar app, RadarScope to be very valuable. It is a radar program that maps the NOAA radar stations real time or nearly real time. We hit a storm last week heading into St. Louis. We stopped and watched the radar and were able to get between a couple of bands of rain on our way to our hotel. The app isn't free. I believe is costs $9.99 and for me, it's worth it.

See www.basevelocity.com

Dennis