IGNORED

For our friends in North Georgia

GAWildKat

Hubby and I were considering riding up to visit his parents in Young Harris. Called them to let them know when we'd ride up. His Dad said not to take the bike, the roads are washing out and in places icing up. Also mentioned there's sleet warnings daily. It seems odd weather for NE GA this time of year and I was wondering have any of you heard the same? I should mention if we took the bike we'd take the back roads up to Helen then Hiawassee, no going through Atlanta for us on the bike. We were going to make this our practice trip run before committing to Vogel since we are new to this.

Hubby and I were considering riding up to visit his parents in Young Harris. Called them to let them know when we'd ride up. His Dad said not to take the bike, the roads are washing out and in places icing up. Also mentioned there's sleet warnings daily. It seems odd weather for NE GA this time of year and I was wondering have any of you heard the same? I should mention if we took the bike we'd take the back roads up to Helen then Hiawassee, no going through Atlanta for us on the bike. We were going to make this our practice trip run before committing to Vogel since we are new to this.

It was 92F here this week.

Hey, it's my FIL, the one who thinks bikes are too dangerous and should be outlawed, among other things. I sometimes think he tells us stuff thinking we are too stupid to verify what we are told. It wouldn't be the first time he's said something with the intention of keeping us from doing something he thought wasn't in our best interest. I'll let the hubby know and let him make a better informed choice by the time we go next weekend.

Well considering he said he wants to take the car because the roads and weather are too dangerous, I'd say so. We haven't seen the inlaws in 2 yrs. My inlaws have the habit of saying things to get their way and bully hubby into what they want. At 32 yrs old he's still fighting their ideas of what's best for him. The bike was a purchase he did w/o telling them 1st. I truly dunno how the news was received because I was kept out of it. Either way the next visit will probably set the tone for the future of the relationship between the inlaws and hubby. We'll see what hubby says.