IGNORED

wiring bike

Shamue

I looking for a clean and professional look when I mount the 5 flat plug on the bike.

Have looked at the back of my 08 RSV and can't seem to decide how or where to mount the plug. I'm pretty picky, but know there are others on here that are picker than I and also wanted a clean look. So the question is how and where did you mount your trailer plug.

Thanks.

You could wire a short lead off the trailer wiring under the seat with just the flat plug peeking out from under the passenger seat, and then make a longer pigtail to go down to the trailer plug. When you aren't pulling a trailer you could unplug the pigtail from the shorty and stow it in the saddle bag.

Nice Idea. I thought, I had thought of everything, but I like this idea.

I will definitely consider it, since it will keep the cleanest look.

Just moved to the top of the list of considerations.

Thank You.

I have my 6 pin plug mounted on a 1/8th inch alum. plate I made that mounts behind the license plate is very sturdy and stays up and out of any road spray from the rear tire during inclimate weather. Easy plug in '

I hope this link works for you.

Rick A. aka Sidecar:Venture:

You could wire a short lead off the trailer wiring under the seat with just the flat plug peeking out from under the passenger seat, and then make a longer pigtail to go down to the trailer plug. When you aren't pulling a trailer you could unplug the pigtail from the shorty and stow it in the saddle bag.

A good idea Condor, but you have to remember that the wiring isn't under the seat, but under the fender, and up to the back of the battery box. It could be routed in the wire frame up under the fender to the big grommet, and up under the back of the seat. The rear tire would have to be dropped to get to the wire run though, it is metal tabs that can be bent back to put the wire in then bent back into place. :confused24:

A good idea Condor, but you have to remember that the wiring isn't under the seat, but under the fender, and up to the back of the battery box. It could be routed in the wire frame up under the fender to the big grommet, and up under the back of the seat. The rear tire would have to be dropped to get to the wire run though, it is metal tabs that can be bent back to put the wire in then bent back into place. :confused24:

I emagine there's a ton of ways to skin a cat.... I'm thinking a short plug lead off the wiring by the battery that can be tucked under the seat when not trailering, and then a long removable lead down to the trailer externally. It can be temporally zip tied to the trunk rack stantions and then removed when not pulling the trailer. Nothing will be sticking out, and only you will know for sure.... :big-grin-emoticon:

I made a braket that mounts alond side the licence plate braket. I then mounted my Hoppe 5 to 4 connector there. Everthing is painted black so you never even know it is there. All wires are tapped into behind the licence plate holder. Not a lot of space.

I guess if I was going to do it again I would mount the Hoppe under the trunck on the rack that way you would never see any thing. Just a thought.

Good Luck and remember ya need pictures when done. Remember the rules!!!!! :whistling:

Bubber

And Bubber's pics were so sharp you could see every detail of his mount....:stirthepot: :stirthepot: :rotfl: :rotfl: :duck: :duck:

:15_8_211[1]:

This ain't about me! Ya shur, you bettcha. Besides I am at work and no camera or bike.

It is raining Yahoo! Fianaly broke the heat!

Well, I went with the www.electrialconnection.com harness and adapter. Very clean install. I would recomend this harness and adapter for a no splice install.

For the trailer plug made a bracket that mounted to the helmet lock rear. Nice out of the way and secure. May take the trailer to Cody but since I'm riding Solo this trip really don't need it.

Not computer literate enough to attach photos, but will eventually. Old School and like it that way, but finding I better learn or I'll get beat up pretty good, here. lol

OH!! THANKS to all your imput, helped out. 2, 3, 4, heads are better than 1.

I don't post much, but always get a lot of help from what I read everyday here.

Definitely prevents a lot of trial and error on projects.

Edited by Shamue
new info.