I'm looking for a set of stock grips for my '96 RSTC. The bike came with Kury ISO's and I'm of the belief that they were/are a contributing factor in the problems I was having with my carpal affected hands while riding it home this past weekend. It's kinda curious as I have ISO's on my 650 and don't have as much trouble with them as I did with the grips on the RSTC.

Also, the bike came with the wind deflectors. Do I have to pull them to mount the Baron Big Bar Engine guard on the bike???

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Hi Brenda-

I read your post and wanted to make a suggestion. My wife is an occupational therapist who specializes in hand therapy, and I get to hear a lot of her work stories. You stated you have the ISO grips on another bike with no problems, but on your TC they bother you. It may not be the grips that are aggravating the issue, but the angle/bend of the bars. Carpal tunnel syndrome is greatly aggravated when your hands are turned (at the wrist) slightly outward or your wrists are bent with your finger pointing slightly downward. It may be easy to change the grips and it might solve your problem, but I'm wondering if the curve of the bars and the rise/angle is the major contributing factor. Maybe check your hand position on the 650 vs. your TC and see if there is a substantial difference in the angle of your wrists.

Good luck, I'm sure somebody here can set you up with the stock grips if you need them.

Also, the bike came with the wind deflectors. Do I have to pull them to mount the Baron Big Bar Engine guard on the bike???

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Don't think the wind deflectors will get in the way. Here are pictures of the engine guard on my '98 RSTC

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=315017&highlight=Baron+Highway+bars#post315017

Guest scarylarry

I can't say for sure the grips will effect your CT but I know they are uncomfortable grips for me..

I used the grip puppies over the OEM grips that was the best 10.00 I ever spent...

The ISO grips look great but I found them worthless as far as riding

Merlin

I did not say that the ISO's on my 650 didn't cause me problems. I bought them because I couldn't ride that bike with the stock grips. They helped but they did not eliminate the problem. That has taken different tires and risers as well. I still have "fun" riding it and probably always will.

The RSTC's saving grace is the manual cruise control on it. But I was having trouble just holding the grips and I'm of the opinion that it was the shape of the pads on the ISO's that was aggravating it.

I'm well aware of what the angle of something can do to my hands. It's one reason why I type on a wireless "wave" keyboard even when I'm on my laptop. My hands don't like the smaller keyboard. If you see me with my backpack, the laptop is in it's compartment and the keyboard is probably sticking out of the other one!

The Grip Puppies sound like a definite option. I've been looking for grips that are basically just what those create when added to the stock grips. I also find it interesting that I apparently can't buy a set of stock grips from Yamaha. Oh Well!

Walter

So that's what your RSTC looks like!! :eek: